Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
THANKS [email protected]!!!

Actually, we've signed our lease, but right now it is a brand new empty space, just metal beams and concrete. We have to have a contractor come in and finish the store out for us the way we want then get all of our stuff in there, we're thinking it's going to take about 2 months. We're pretty excited, but it's a TON of work!

this is our new home

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it going to sell the same products you have on your website?
Are you going to stock some of the product we cant get at some of the other stores' It would be nice if you had things like PetSilk and Coat Handler etc.. Let me know when you have your grand opening. I may pop in for a visit.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Actually, we are ALWAYS looking for new stuff! please please please reccomend what you think we should carry! (PetSilk is already on the way! )

We might be adding it to our website, but will definately add it in the store. Unfortunately, there are some pretty unfair practices that go on on the web with Pet Silk (great for consumers though!), distributors sell it directly to the consumers, so it is really not beneficial for me to sell it on the web at those prices, but I might as a courtesy, not sure yet, but definately in our store, we already have some cases on their way to us.

We just used our first sample bottle on our girls yesterday! It is great stuff like everyone says

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
GlamourDog, are you in Florida? My daughter lives in Boca and I would like to tell her about your store if you are nearby.....

Also, I use a line called PurePaws. It was developed for Maltese by the sponsor of the Best of Breed Maltese and Chihuahua (or was it Yorkie?) at Westminster this year. I swear by it, although I have never used PetSilk. The breeder is a friend of my groomer's and she uses it in her shop.

You may want to investigate this line, you could possibly get a better deal than PetSilk for a comparable or better product. www.purepaws.com

I use the Ultra White Maltese Shampoo, Ultra Deep Conditioner (diluted 4:1) and the Ultra Shine Conditioning Spray for grooming between baths.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that is super awesome!!!! looks like a great location!! are you planning on taking your dogs to work? i would!!! :D good luck with the opening!!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 24 2004, 09:47 AM
that is super awesome!!!! looks like a great location!! are you planning on taking your dogs to work? i would!!! :D good luck with the opening!!!
he he, of course.. our girls go everywhere with us. We are actually trying to figure out how we're going to have them in the store when we get busy, and how to set it up so we don't have to worry about them getting out or getting stepped on.

Our other problem is that our oldest has a bit of a nipping problem when it comes to introductions, that's actually the topic of another thread I need to be posting !

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
at a petstore that i go to--the guy has a wrap around counter, so his counter has 3 sides where you can purchase, and the fourth side has an opening 3 feet big---and he puts a gate there. one that moves back and forth. but the dogs cant get out.

at another petstore i go to, this guy taught his dogs to stop at the door if he wants to go out---and wait for a release. i've never seen it, but he tells me the dog waits till it has a leash on to go out. i cant imagine my dogs having patience.

maybe put a sign out saying 'watch for dogs' and put a bright shirt on your dog and a bell. and the nipping thing---it helped when people would put their hands out flat with a treat. my dog learned to trust. sprite still doesnt like it when people walk away---so i have to walk away from people first. lol.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was telling my co-worker about you. where in texas is your shop? her sister lives in McKinney (i dont know how to spell). anyway, write more!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
This is exciting! Though I live in Austin I go up to Dallas quite often. Please keep us posted on your progress and when you are open an address.... Tiki and I will pay you a visit!

Judi

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on your soon to be open store Glamourdog!! How exciting! Please keep us posted!!
Too bad I don't live in the same state
; I would definately shop there!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Glamourdog

Exactly where is your shop going to be located. I saw the picture and read that it is "near McKinney". My daughter lives in Little Elm and I wanted to visit your store when I visit her this year. Little Elm is near The Colony and Frisco.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@May 25 2004, 11:33 AM
Glamourdog

Exactly where is your shop going to be located. I saw the picture and read that it is "near McKinney". My daughter lives in Little Elm and I wanted to visit your store when I visit her this year. Little Elm is near The Colony and Frisco.
There is a big new mall here in Frisco called StoneBriare.

We are in the strip mall in the same parking lot as the mall in the same strip with ToysRus, and Ultimate Electronics.

We're right between mckinney and Little Elm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts