Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glass bowls are just as sanitary as stainless steel bowls, right?

I was wanting to get about 10 glass bowls (I like simple, plain bowls that don't scream "I have pets!!!") from human dinnerware to use for the dogs' food & water, that I can just toss in the dishwasher daily with our other dishes. I don't really like the "look" of stainless steel dishes...so using human glass bowls will be okay, right? Or even human ceramic bowls?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glass is good. Anchor and Pyrex are made in the USA.
Yay! Thanks! I just want something that is easy to toss into the dishwasher to make sure they get washed daily. I sometimes forget to wash their water bowls daily and will remember every couple of days so if I have a BUNCH on hand, it will be easy to remember to swap them out. :) :chili:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I switch up the animal bowls for all the holidays. I get cute ceramic ones at the Christmas Tree stores.
London & Preston's grandparents bought them adorable ceramic bowls...but they are inconvenient (at least I think so!) to clean. One is pink and says, "The Princess Eats Here", and the other is blue and says, "It's Good to be King!". :wub:

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I have a glass bowl outside for Macie to drink out of, much easier than plastic.

Delilah has various ceramic bowls, as I use 2-3 per day for her. I had a bunch of those small white ones that you get at restraunts and they are perfect for putting in a small amount of wet food and popping in the microwave.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Toby eats out of Corelle bowls. I got a bunch of them at Wally World for $4. When he is done, I just put it in the dishwasher. I don't really know what Corelle is made out of, but they sure are tough!

I also store his food in the fridge in a glass Pyrex bowl. LOVE IT! I love that Pyrex is one of the only companies to make a glass container with a lid. I HATE plastic (Tupperware). I always feel that the plastic holds the smell in. <BARF!>

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I totally agree with you Janine! I used to feed out of stainless steel and now feed out of lead free ceramic. It is so much prettier and whimsical too imo.
V
I currently feed out of ceramic, but I just feel like it's still not as sanitary as glass for some reason. I'm sure it's just me being weird. lol Plus, having to make sure the paint is lead-free is a hassle since so many things are made out of the country, etc, or don't have proper information listed on the product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.