Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kept wanting something that matched my home decor and that highlighted Pico's good looks so I just made it myself. The outside is a medium blue chenille with black leopard spots and the inside is a silky black fake fur. Lush & Plush!

Unfortunately, it is replacing the sheepskin donut that he beelines to when it's time to get his post-poop and 7pm and 9pm potty break snacks.....Pico believes laps are the only thing good enough for actually sleeping on.

Here, he's still a little damp from his bath but ready for his post-bath treat!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You did a beautiful job! I would be interested in where you got the pattern from also. *Tink* needs a new bed and I haven't been able to find one that would compliment my bedroom. Your bed looks so comfy!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It didn't take that long. I used McCall 8928 pattern. For the bed base I purchased 1 1/2 X 6 medium foam (inches) for the sides and the upholstery supply place cut the oval base for me using a cardboard pattern I made from the oval bed pattern piece.

I used the pattern itself to make the entry cut out on the foam strip that I then glued around the foam base, gluing the ends together in the back.

The cover I just went by the pattern directions, using the fabric I wanted where I wanted them. Then I again used the oval pattern piece from the bed bottom to cut out a cushion cover and stuffed it with poly fil. Voila!

I found the silky fake fur at Hancock in a 12" wide by 1 yard piece they had bundled for individual sale for $6 or $7. The chenille I found at a clothing mfr's warehouse sale for $5 and the foam was under $5. It was finding the chenille that prompted the idea to make the bed.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I wish I was crafty! -_-
That is SO cute! Great job!!!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I saw Pico in his bed in the other post and I thought what a beautiful bed!! You did an amazing job!!
I wish I could sew! I want to buy Abbey a harness vest with 1" ruffle to appear to be a kinda mini dress but all I find is the longer dress style or just the plain vest!
I may have to take sewing classes! You may have just inspired me! Great job!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Abbey@Oct 5 2005, 12:39 PM
I saw Pico in his bed in the other post and I thought what a beautiful bed!!  You did an amazing job!! 
  I wish I could sew!  I want to buy Abbey a harness vest with 1" ruffle to appear to be a kinda mini dress but all I find is the longer dress style or just the plain vest!
  I may have to take sewing classes!  You may have just inspired me!  Great job!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106568
[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of people who do things with glue guns that I would use my sewing machine for. Like gluing ruffled edging onto a plain vest......check out what's in fabric and craft stores.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts