Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i previously posted about a little old lady with the little maltese, sheree who has no family and keeps goin in hospital etc.

well i told my groomer that i would mind her if this lady ended up in hospital again...... well she's in hospital.

not sure how long she'll be in for? but i'm going to be a foster mummy for about 2 weeks over the easter holidays.
picking her up tommorrow at 4.30pm! she's 4 years old and teeny tiny and wee wee pad trained.

just looking for any advice, ideas etc for settling her in with dixie. dixie is very playful and will want to wrestle! sheree will not want to wrestle so much!! she is used to peace and quiet, no doggies just her and her mommy. she is also trained to use pads, whereas dixie go's outside? any suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh how lucky for you! I dont have advice really. Just want to say I'm jealous
Are either or both crate trained? or have you thought about sleeping arrangements? I think its great that Dixie will have a playmate even for a short time! Hopefully they will get along. I'm sure they will, but just in case, have lots of yummy treats on hand to bribe them BOTH!

good luck and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Holliberry@Mar 16 2005, 04:44 PM
Oh how lucky for you!  I dont have advice really.  Just want to say I'm jealous
  Are either or both crate trained? or have you thought about sleeping arrangements?  I think its great that Dixie will have a playmate even for a short time!  Hopefully they will get along.  I'm sure they will, but just in case, have lots of yummy treats on hand to bribe them BOTH!

good luck and enjoy!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43771
[/QUOTE]

hi yes dixie was crate trained and now sleeps in the kitchen with a baby gate on, if there is any trouble one can sleep in the old crate. hopefully they will love each other

xx

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Congrats! I have a friend who he and his wife foster bichons. Lots of work but his wife is at home all day and loves it. Lots of treats and expect the unexpected. There fosters are from situations that are not good so it takes lots of patience and love. Sounds like the little one you are fostering comes from a loving home. Have fun.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes she is loved but the ladys health is deteriorating, she can't walk much now. it's real sad.

i'm off over easter so plenty of time with them both, hope they take to each other. dixie has no issues with other doggies in her home but shes just very playful and sometimes she gets growled at to let her know in doggy terms to STOP!

goin to put her outside on wee wee pad and hopefully she'll follow dixie outside. except at night. u dont think dixie will think its ok for her to wee inside do you?

anyway, will take pics and keep u informed!

we are goin to my aunties overnight next thurs, she has dixies sister chip. will have to see what sherrys like and then decide whether to go, it would be good fun thou

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I admire you for taking that sweet little girl in

I'd loooooooove to foster, except I don't think I'd be able to let my little fosteree go!
I get really attached to things.

Anyways good luck w/ everything make sure to get pics!

Btw hows Dixie doing? It's been almost a week since her spay I believe and I wanted to see how she's recovering

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 17 2005, 02:28 AM
Btw hows Dixie doing? It's been almost a week since her spay I believe and I wanted to see how she's recovering
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43887
[/QUOTE]

thanks for asking it's a week tommorrow! she had afew hiccups, she couldnt poo at first and she hopped about alot when the stitches ends stuck in her belly, she was quiet and sometimes cried. however, on day 3 after the op, she was miles better and more like her old self after she pooped!

so glad i've got playful dixie back! she's just the same as before she had it done, although she may follow me around even more than she used to!

glad it's nearly over with, stitches out monday. it go's really quick. lucy will be fine too

xxxxxx

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Glad Dixie is back to her old self again!!! Peanut still remembers getting neutered and it's a fight to get him into the vet's office now. The building has a glass front, so all the workers and patients have a ball watching a 5 pound dog trying to pull me away from the door.
He was so afraid the first time back to the vet after his neuter, that when the vet picked him up to put him on the scale, he peed everywhere!!! Poor little guy was terrified

1 - 14 of 14 Posts