Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several of you on here have done it...and heck, LadyM just spent WEEKS apart from Parker.
But now it's MY turn. -_-

I am leaving Thursday afternoon to go out of town for two nights.
I am really looking forward to the trip. It has been planned for several months. I knew it would be hard to leave him, but now that it is looming just two days ahead of me, it is worse. I have not spent a night away from him in a year!

My kids could care less that I am leaving. Both of them are going to sleepovers the first night and then going to Vacation Bible School, baseball games, and basketball camp, swimming etc. with their friends. The third day they are BOTH going to work with daddy because he couldn't get off...(that should be a treat!
)

Anyway, hubby will have to care for Brink...I am sure he will be fine...I am more worried about whether he will scoop the cat box or not.

Hubby is worried that Brinkley will go into some depression and not get off the back of the chair or something.

The fun part of going out of town is the warm greeting I get when I return.

Before Brink, when I left...the big dogs would bark incessantly when they saw me and about knock me over with lovin'! The cats would all meet me at the door and the skin-kids...well the hugs and kisses are to die for!
Hubby is always just "relieved" that I am back.

PS: My friends that I am going with may think I am nuts, but if he is acting TOO sad, I plan to talk to Brinkley on the phone so he doesn't think I have abandoned him.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I talk to my gang on the phone even when Im just at the shop!! It will be fun and relaxing for you to get away from all the hussel & bussel that you have ! Like I told you,remember all those wiggles & licks you are going to get from the Brinkster when you get home.
But I can still remember how hard it was for me to leave mine for the fist time.Now about DH and that cat box

Have fun,I will miss you!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My babies miss me and love me lots when I go home, but while I'm away, they could care less. They dont seem sad. I think it's a good thing though.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Have a great trip! I have had to leave Miko twice this year for a few days to go to a conference (he stayed with my husband). I was more worried about my husband giving Miko something fun to eat that he shouldn't have (like chocolate) or brushing him. Surprisingly all went well. Have fun!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ya'll...I am gonna miss all my skin and fur family...but sometimes mommy just needs to GO away!
Alone!

I am going to St. Louis for the Women of Faith Conference...I can't wait! I went last year in Nashville and it was wonderful!

Well, lots to do with Bible School and home before I can even THINK about leaving.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Traci-I left Ruby Jean for a weekend you can do it!! ha ha
You notice I didn't mention how hard it was.....
But the coming home is so WONDERFUL!! You will have a great time and before you know it you'll be back home. We will miss you though!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm Back!

I got in about 11 last night!

It was a GREAT weekend, very uplifting for the spirit!

It was SO good to come home to all the hugs from my hubby and skin kids!

Brinkley was just uncontrollable with wiggles and licks for a few minutes.

Hubby said he did fine, just seemed confused sometimes. He didn't eat the first day.
He didn't get far from my lap when I sat down last night and he slept by my head last night, which he never does.
It was good to be missed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts