Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Going to a meetup updated with results/pictures

952 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  remy 
#1 · (Edited)
We are going to drive into San Francisco tomorrow to a Maltese meetup. There is suppose to be about 30 people there. I am looking for some advice.

Lilly is 10 months and weights right at 4 lbs. I haven't gone to anything like this before and I don't know anyone there. I have only had Lilly around one other dog (my daughters Papillon). They played well together but Lilly was on a leash the whole time and we were inside. Is there some etiquette to follow? I figure I'll find the group and carry Lilly over. After I see how the other dogs act I guess I'll see how it feels to put her down.

I guess I'm afraid one of the dogs will attack her. Ok, so I am paranoid.:w00t:

Any advice?
Thanks,

----------------------

#3 ·
It's called "the San Francisco Maltese meetup" there is a bay area one but it didn't look like very many people go to it and SF had one coming up. It's worth a drive into the city to check it out 30 people have confirmed so we'll see how it goes.

#8 ·
We went to the meetup and actually meet someone from here :chili:
I am embarrassed to say I don't remember her name but I believe her little one was Shilo (heck probably got that wrong too).

(As a side note I tried to find a list of profiles to try to figure it out but I didn't seem to see a list)

I have never been to a dog park and I have to say it was very nice. This was a little park in Golden Gate Park (in San Francisco). All the dogs were very well mannered. I had no problem putting Lilly down but my husband was not comfortable with taking her off the leash. Heck she was so excited and interested in everything I think she forgot her name. I'm sure she would not have come when called :p There was a lot of butt sniffing and everyone got along. Actually when you think of the maltese personalities it is easy to see why everyone got along well.
I have added some of the pictures.

#10 ·
Sounds like a really fun time! We are from the bay area also! (Living in Japan now) I cant wait to get back to the states to go to something like this! I am the leader of a Labrador play group, but that came with time, it started out w/ only 4 dogs, now we have around 30!

#15 ·
I had a great time. I love little Shiloh's hair cut, she is adorable. And she almost came to you when you called her (well half way is better than Lilly would do) I think Lilly was so excited she forgot her name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.