Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow my sister and i are going to griffith park. we're leaving the house at around 9am so we'll be there at around 9:30am. I'm thinking that we'll stay there for an hour or so.

im going to have some links and the exact address on here.

hmmmm, i cant get the address off of mapquest. i'll have my sis check and i'll post again. lol.

i hope i see some of you guys!!!

griffith dog park

dog friendly about Griffith dog park

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i called the number: (323) 913-4688

and it basically says that you go on the 5 freeway south, exit Los Feliz Blvd and then turn left. or follow signs. the recording was fast. but this is what i found:

this is from where i live....but i live north from everyone. so i have no idea how'd you would get there. but i have the "end address" on here

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...fv3fw3Zt1o%253d

i hope that helps you guys.

OH, AND DONT FORGET YOUR CAMERAS!!!

OH, and when i get there...im gonna be in the "small dog area" of the dog park. i MIGHT be in the big dog area to play with gruffi---but he doesnt like big dogs, so we might have him stay with us in the small dog area. i'm hoping that all three of my dogs get used to other dogs so that they dont act crazy anymore. lol.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i went----and it SUCKED. it was sooo confusing on how to get to the dog park, and then i got there after 30-45 min of being lost.....and the dog park was MAYBE 1/2 an acre and it was all dirt.

i was soo upset that we didnt even stop the car. we did a u-turn and just went to one of the parks and left the dogs on leash. we saw horses which was cool...but gruffi barked at all of them.

anyway, im gonna look for another dog park. hopefully i'll find a good one.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Mar 6 2005, 02:29 PM
ok,  i went----and it SUCKED.  it was sooo confusing on how to get to the dog park, and then i got there after 30-45 min of being lost.....and the dog park was MAYBE 1/2 an acre and it was all dirt.  

i was soo upset that we didnt even stop the car.  we did a u-turn and just went to one of the parks and left the dogs on leash.  we saw horses which was cool...but gruffi barked at all of them.  

anyway, im gonna look for another dog park.  hopefully i'll find a good one. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40525
[/QUOTE]

Yes i agree. IT was sooo confusing !!! but it is sooo easy to get there. Once you get in to griffith park you just keep going straight and make one right. and keep going straight. i got there and i saw NO maltese lol so i left. There was only big dogs there. Mine are all tiny. THey would of chewed them up and spit out. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maltlover...it totally sucks that i didnt see you. we went by one of the children play areas and just walked around for a while. and today i discovered that right next to my house is a park...and its not an off-leash park...but around 20 people take their dogs and let them off leash. so we got there and took all three of our dogs off leash for around 20 min. i was sooo nervous because it wasnt gated. but we're thinking of doing it again tomorrow. next wednesday though...im really hoping to go here:

http://www.runyon-canyon.com/

and get some sort of work out from it. LOL.

i'd love to go this week, but my bro is coming.

anyway, im really sorry i didnt see you.
that dog park area was soo dissapointing and disgusting.

hopefully we can do a meetup soon.

cynthia wants to stay at this park because its all clean and there's fresh green grass...but i hate that its not gated, you know?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Has anyone gone to the Dog Beach at Huntington Beach (Bolsa Chica) ?? Maybe we could have a meet there this summer?
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by a2z+Mar 7 2005, 08:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Mar 6 2005, 09:39 PM
Has anyone gone to the Dog Beach at Huntington Beach (Bolsa Chica) ?? Maybe we could have a meet there this summer?  
  Anyone interested?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40595
I would be there! That's close to me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40728
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well its not close to me but if its not too long of a drive id go too.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Well its not close to me but if its not too long of a drive id go too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40812
[/QUOTE]

Where will be be driving from? If there was no traffic I could be there in a half hour--
BUT because of the traffic it takes me an hour or little longer.......I hope we can meet up-that would be so great!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, huntington beach is far from me too.
but i can probably try going on a friday or saturday. i'll have to see if cynthia would want to go.

and next to my house is the most awesome area ever. im gonna write a new thread and give directions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts