Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Going to the Groomer?????

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  pippersmom 
#1 ·
Pipper has a grooming appointment Tuesday. This will be the first time at the groomer since the pandemic started. I'm a little nervous because I haven't been anywhere around other people. I get groceries online and pick them up curbside and same with anything else I need. Only place I go beside the parking lot of the store is out for walks. I know the groomer has taken courses on how to be as safe as possible once she was allowed to open back up so I know there is all kinds of safety measures in place. We are even asked to take our harness and leashes back home with us when he's being groomed. Problem is that I'm nervous to be going somewhere. I worry that somehow the virus could be transmitted onto Pipper's hair and brought home even though our town hasn't had any new known cases in a few weeks but I don't know that people locally haven't travelled to the city where there are lots of cases and maybe they're just asymptomatic. Am I being totally unreasonable being so nervous. He needs to be professionally groomed so badly. My attempts at it were good enough when there was no option but now there is the option of being done properly.

#2 ·
Kathy, I will definitely be praying for you and Pipper on Tuesday. I am glad your groomer is taking lots of precautions ensuring the safety of all her fluff clients - This is a good sign & I know helps give you peace of mind. I'm sure he will be fine and come home looking more handsome than ever. I will be looking for photos of his fresh new spiffy look.
🐶 🐾 🌻

#3 ·
My girls have been twice now since groomers reopened. Our groomer is wearing masks while working on the pups. No one is allowed into her shop beyond the front door drop off, and yes, we also take the harness and leash back home with us. I completely understand your worry; your groomer is likely taking every precaution to keep you and your baby safe and healthy!

#4 ·
Kathy, my two have appts on Tues. also! We are not allowed to go into the shop---you leave the pups in a "cage" that has been disinfected, outside her door & get in your car. Someone comes out when your car door is closed & collects the dogs immediately apparently. Then you can drive away & they call when the pups are finished. I will have to get more instructions on how to pay, etc. Also it is supposed to be very hot on Tues. so not sure I am willing to put them in a cage---Lisi goes ballistic when she is confined. I will be thinking about you & Pipper.

Reactions: pippersmom
#5 · (Edited)
I sent my groomer a message about how do I go about paying without having contact and she said I can pay by e-transfer. She also has people that are coming using a different door than people who are leaving so that there will be no contact with other clients. We walk into her little entrance area and remove the leash and harness and she provides a clean slip lead to put on so she can take him through the doorway leading into the shop. Oh, she also has plexi glass installed so that there is no contact at the desk where you book appointments. I will probably still stress about it. 😕 Good Luck to you tomorrow Sandi.

#7 ·
We are home from our first trip back to the groomer. Pipper sure wasn't happy about going but he looks so much better now and he will be so much cooler. It's supposed to go up to 34 C today so it's pretty hot.
I HATE wearing a mask. It makes me feel like I'm suffocating. 😕 Here is my handsome boy.

#9 ·
Kathy, Im so happy everything went ok.
Piper looks SUMER ready and oh so handsome! The professionals know what they are doing - although you did a good job too considering it was your first attempt at grooming him.

I agree about not liking wearing a mask one bit - I feel like I'm so confined and task oriented when its on - instead of enjoying myself and the people around me. The county next to mine just announced that a new mask requirement - The 30' rule is. Even if you are out bike riding, jogging or even walking if you are within 3' to any human you must wear a mask. 30' is a long distance. People from that county are saying they will be coming to my county to walk, ride & jog - we have the 6' rule here.

#10 ·
Kathy, Im so happy everything went ok.
Piper looks SUMER ready and oh so handsome! The professionals know what they are doing - although you did a good job too considering it was your first attempt at grooming him.

I agree about not liking wearing a mask one bit - I feel like I'm so confined and task oriented when its on - instead of enjoying myself and the people around me. The county next to mine just announced that a new mask requirement - The 30' rule is. Even if you are out bike riding, jogging or even walking if you are within 3' to any human you must wear a mask. 30' is a long distance. People from that county are saying they will be coming to my county to walk, ride & jog - we have the 6' rule here.
I just can't imagine being a healthcare worker who has to wear a mask all day long.

#11 ·
Hey cutie----your mom did a good job & the groomer a great job. We know our limitations but we do what we can & you understand. K & L will be home this eve. probably looking & feeling much the same as you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.