Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I dunno, I have another dog who goes up and down all of the time and he hasn't followed in his foot steps as of yet, so I get the impression Morgan likes it this way too! lol

·
Registered
939 Posts
I wish Tiki hadn't learned.... now,,if I don't block off the staircase, he follows me upstairs and gets into stuff he shouldn't (litter box, kids papers)

Oh, well... the things we do for our little ones

This luck Morgan will never learn, or maybe he is so smart he just prefers to be carried

Judi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Minnie was taught to go down the steps to the patio when she was 2 1/2 months old. Whenever it was time to go potty, we took her to the fist step and put her two front paws on the next step going down and we would let her do the rest of that step (sometimes she needed assistance, otherwise she would stay like that for a long time). We continued this for a few days and encourage her with sweet talk and offering treats. Now she lokes to go up and down.

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOL Guess I am th elucky one. Morgan at a year and half, still being carried. Never a worry about "Where did you go?" I love carrying him and I dont' intend to encourage him to learn. He can get up and down the deck to go potty, it is only two steps, that is all he needs to know! lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Morgan just learned about 4 months ago how to jump up on the furniture. Bailey the little Yorkie I just got, (he just turned 4 months old), can now jump out of his playpen, (the playpen only lasted about two weeks before he could get out of it), he jumps the baby gate and now goes up and down the basements steps. I am just so glad Morgan hasnt' decided to see if he can do the things Bailey is doing. I will be in deep if he ever does! lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts