Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my girls are so different. Mia seems to tangler easy.. We brush evey night and clean their eyes every morning... Sno's eyes water the most. I was just wondering if anyone has found a really good conditioner for the girls hair??? ( For bath time )Oh and I just got ice on ice for a leave in detangler has anyone used this? thanks

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by maltese momma@Jun 20 2005, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone my girls are so different.  Mia  seems to tangler easy..  We brush evey night  and clean their eyes every morning... Sno's eyes water the most. I was just wondering if anyone has found a really good conditioner for the girls hair???  ( For bath time )Oh and I just got  ice on ice for a leave in detangler has anyone used this?  thanks 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74133
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I use Ice on Ice... I like it... I do find other products seem to detangle better when there are serious mats, such as Bless the Beasts Pomade or Pantene Leave-In Spray Conditioner.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jun 20 2005, 04:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maltese momma
@Jun 20 2005, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone my girls are so different.  Mia  seems to tangler easy..  We brush evey night  and clean their eyes every morning... Sno's eyes water the most. I was just wondering if anyone has found a really good conditioner for the girls hair???  ( For bath time )Oh and I just got  ice on ice for a leave in detangler has anyone used this?  thanks 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74133
Yes, I use Ice on Ice... I like it... I do find other products seem to detangle better when there are serious mats, such as Bless the Beasts Pomade or Pantene Leave-In Spray Conditioner.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74134
[/B][/QUOTE]

I like the CureCare. Tunny doesn't matt really at all though so I am not sure how it will work on a coat that does mat.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've used ice on ice, I really like it, it leaves the coat nice and soft. I also use bless the beast products.

cindy-busters mom

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Ice on Ice is one of my mainstays for grooming sprays. It also has sunscreen in it which is a nice plus. I've always sprayed it down the dog's part in the summer.

I have found that each dog needs a slightly different shampoo/conditioner routine as they each have a unique coat. Also, the dryness of the house, your water, and the climate influence the coat and how products work. Coat Handler is one product I've found I can dilute differently and have it leave almost any coat looking quite nice. For coat that matt, I do a final rinse of well-diluted Coat Handler conditioner that I leave in. Other good products to try:

Crown Royale
Pure Paws
Pantene
Cure Care (conditioner)
Mane'n'Tail

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
This is a great topic - I was going to post something myself on matting & knots etc.

If it's allowed, could someone please tell me where I can get these, or similar products? It would need to be online, and also from companies who provide international shipping? I have seen products online here in Australia, but without recommendations, I'm reluctant to spend the time on such things - I believe you get what you pay for so when it comes to His Majesty (Harley), he gets whatever he needs!! (within reason of course, I'm not a millionaire!! LOL!!!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by HarleysMum@Jul 2 2005, 04:26 AM
This is a great topic - I was going to post something myself on matting & knots etc. 

If it's allowed, could someone please tell me where I can get these, or similar products?  It would need to be online, and also from companies who provide international shipping?  I have seen products online here in Australia, but without recommendations, I'm reluctant to spend the time on such things - I believe you get what you pay for so when it comes to His Majesty (Harley), he gets whatever he needs!!  (within reason of course, I'm not a millionaire!! LOL!!!)

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77112
[/QUOTE]

Do you have links for a site or two you order from? I'm sure we can shop for you LOL Nothing more fun than shopping and not spending the money.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Originally posted by JMM+Jul 3 2005, 06:27 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-HarleysMum
@Jul 2 2005, 04:26 AM

If it's allowed, could someone please tell me where I can get these, or similar products?  It would need to be online, and also from companies who provide international shipping?  I have seen products online here in Australia, but without recommendations, I'm reluctant to spend the time on such things - I believe you get what you pay for so when it comes to His Majesty (Harley), he gets whatever he needs!!  (within reason of course, I'm not a millionaire!! LOL!!!)

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77112
Do you have links for a site or two you order from? I'm sure we can shop for you LOL Nothing more fun than shopping and not spending the money.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77239
[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! True, I love shopping without actually spending my money!

No, I haven't actually purchased any products for him online yet - but seeing these recommedations, I thought I would give some of these products a try - but I don't know where you guys get them from? The Ice on Ice product sounds appealing as it has sunscreen - very important down here!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Doh! I just ordered from a site in the US - Oh well, I'll know for next time - the shipping cost more than the product!! $26 US for shipping & I ordered 2 bottles of Ice on Ice which were $10 US each!

We live & learn .....

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Yep, that's the price on petnetwork today too - I just did the conversions & $10 US is $13.30 Au ... plus about the same per bottle for the shipping - that more or less means it's just a few dollars more expensive, so I'm not too upset about it ... I will get it from here next time though as I'm sure the shipping will be quicker!

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts