Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..I've been so depressed looking at all the beautiful pictures of your babies lately. See the problem is that I cant find a decent digital camera
so right now I have nothing and Kylee is growing before my eyes and I'm not even capturing the moments
. So I was wondering what you guys are using. I dont have a ton of money to spend on one but the last one i bought was HORRIBLE and made Kylee look like a flash of lightning..she was so bright in the pictures I couldnt even make out her little face. Thanks for the input though. ~Lori

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I have the Canon PowerShot A75. I've had it a while and I think the price has gone down. It wasn't terribly expensive to begin with. However, if you are new at digital I really recommend Kodak! I had a Kodak for a while and it is very user friendly and the pics were excellent. It was so easy to use. I got mine at Target because they have a 90-day return policy. I figured I didn't have much to lose.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Hi Lori, I have a digital Canon that I rather like and I think they are getting cheaper now because the Cam corders are going digital DVD also do stills. We have a JVC Cam Corder that does stills and it does take nice clear pictures. I think your problem is with the digital cameras you need to take your pics a little further away because the flash is what probably makes you picture look so white. Can you perhaps try taking your picture in a well lit room and turn off the flash.
I love the little pic you have as your siggy though it is real cute.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Lori, Scoobydoo makes a great point. For some reason, with these digital cameras the flash just doesn't seem to do a good job. It doesn't take a lot of light to get a decent shot without the flash. The trick to getting a halfway decent photo is after downloading it to your computer work on it a little in your camera's software (or Photoshop if you have it or something like it.) You can sharpen or adjust the color. It makes a big difference. And you can re-size it. It will start out really large, so you'll need to reduce it......

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Yes K/C that is exactly what I do, the photo shop programs are really got at making a photo look great even if the light was poor and the subject is not real great. I have fixed a lot of photos that way.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Maybe I will take my old one out of the box and give it another go before I give up on it completely. If this fails, off to Target I go! Thanks for your input and thanks for saying my signature it cute, Scooby's Mom, she has gotten so much older looking since then and has a cute new haircut too! I cant wait to take some pics to show you guys!! ~Lori

·
Registered
478 Posts
We have a Kodak 6330... but DON'T order it from Dell!!! $200+ and I found it on sale at Wal-mart or walmart.com for only $98.97 not too long ago. We absolutely love it. It has a data card, seperate from purchase, but only $20, and you can take it out of your camera and put it in the computer at walmart and print whatever pics you want, whatever size, and however many.

Here is a sample of the quality of the pictures....

The red eye is not too aweful common, even has a red eye flash that totally eliminates it, but the red eye can be eliminated on the computer at walmart before you print the picture. This is Ashton at the 9-1-1 center earlier this morning... he had a radio dispatching the police department!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO cute to hear him key the mic and da daddy,daddy!!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have a Olympus Camedia Ultra Zoom. Its my 2nd one and I learned not to go to cheap when buying. Make sure when buying a camera, you can purchase extra memory cards for it. I have one card that's used for vacations, it will hold 1,500 pics. It does take time and practicing learning the functions of digital camera.

I to use a photo program for croping and adjusting color. One good think about digital camera, you can shoot...delete...shoot....delete. I always have my camera ready!

Took this pic earlier today in front yard.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
For the most part I've never met a digicam that I didn't like. I began about 7 years ago with a Fuji. I currently use an Olympus Camedia that has 5 megapixels. One daughter uses a Pentax and the other a Canon. I would spend a lot more time on the features of the camera. These are some of my prefs. I am no pro - just my opinion.....

Go for optical zoom and don't pay attention to the digital zoom. You do need zoom. You'll use it a lot.

I like having a view finder. You save batteries by using it instead of the screen.

I like small cameras that will go in a purse or pocket. I find that the heavier the camera, the less likely I am to keep it with me all the time. MK and Megan's cameras will both fit in an Altoids box. They will literally go anywhere.

I like cameras that have a small, rechargeable battery. My dad likes a camera that uses AA rechargeables. To me it makes the camera too heavy. Our cameras all have a little battery that you recharge on a small charger. I purchase an extra on Ebay and rarely have to worry with a battery running out.

I use a large memory card that holds lots of photos at a good resolution. It is hard for me to keep up with several memory cards. My daughters were in Europe last summer and had 2 512MG cards. They took tons of photos and never began to fill the cards. That sure beats having to cart a laptop around to download photos.

I stress that these are the things that I am interested in.....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have the Sony DSC-P200 and I love it. I was using a Pentax Optio S4 and absolutely hated it. First of all, the camera was very slow - I missed all the good shots. Second, the photo quality was poort.

So when I was searching for a new camera, speed was on top of my list. The SOnby DSC-P200 is extremely fast. I never miss anything anymore. The photo quality is also excellent but some Canon cameras still have better colours.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We have a Cannon 5 mega pixel A-95 and we just ordered a Konica/Minolta DiMage A200 with 8 mega pixels.

We are selling our Sony Mavica MCV CD-400 with 4 mega pixel.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Aug 13 2005, 11:28 PM
great pic of a northern harrier, I believe that is what it is

You have those in your front yard?? awesome
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90333
[/QUOTE]

It is a northern harrier, but here in the south we call them Hawks. For the most part, they stay on very high up places (trees, power lines). We have never had one to hang around in the front yard as this one did.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Aug 13 2005, 08:58 PM
I have a Olympus Camedia Ultra Zoom. Its my 2nd one and I learned not to go to cheap when buying. Make sure when buying a camera, you can purchase extra memory cards for it. I have one card that's used for vacations, it will hold 1,500 pics. It does take time and practicing learning the functions of digital camera.

I to use a photo program for croping and adjusting color.  One good think about digital camera, you can shoot...delete...shoot....delete. I always have my camera ready!

Took this pic earlier today in front yard.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90328
[/QUOTE]
Wow ;nice pic but BIG Hawk watch out for puddles :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Aug 14 2005, 03:54 AM
I have the Sony DSC-P200 and I love it.  I was using a Pentax Optio S4 and absolutely hated it.  First of all, the camera was very slow - I missed all the good shots.  Second, the photo quality was poort.

So when I was searching for a new camera, speed was on top of my list.  The SOnby DSC-P200 is extremely fast.  I never miss anything anymore.  The photo quality is also excellent but some Canon cameras still have better colours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90348
[/QUOTE]

I had thought the Canon I had had a slow shutter speed but then found out that the speed can be adjusted. It did make a difference. When I have it set on the macro mode, though, I believe the shutter adjusts to a slower speed.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
here is a place i have bought from that has really good prices, one of the best i had for the money was a fuji finepix some years ago, i think it was like 125.00 from this place and 199.00 everywhere else at the time, I would buy one that has at least 3MP-5MP range if its in your price range...

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/price-fi...tid=1&subID=705

just as an example...

Fuji Finepix A350 5.2MP

digitalphotoclub = 171.50
walmart = 227.54

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Aug 14 2005, 02:54 AM
I have the Sony DSC-P200 and I love it.  I was using a Pentax Optio S4 and absolutely hated it.  First of all, the camera was very slow - I missed all the good shots.  Second, the photo quality was poort.

So when I was searching for a new camera, speed was on top of my list.  The SOnby DSC-P200 is extremely fast.  I never miss anything anymore.  The photo quality is also excellent but some Canon cameras still have better colours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90348
[/QUOTE]
That is the camera I have. I LOVE IT! My brother and mother also have it and love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts