Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been feeding Ollie Vital Essentials raw freeze dry food. Is this a good or should I be feeding him something that also includes fruits or vegetables?

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
I do not have enough experience to answer this question, I can only say I feed lean meats, fruits and veggies. I am sure someone with more knowledge will see this to help you out though!

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I have never heard of that brand, but if it's only meat, I would also have veggies and fruit
I feed my girls Stella and Chewy dehydrated patties, Geneva has a different diet because she had a bout with HGE three years ago, so she has kibble and Stella and Chewy, she eats apples and blueberries for her treats
I home cook for Maddie and also give her Stella and Chewy patties, Maddie eats sweet potatoes, snap peas. Broccoli, Cauliflower and apples and blueberries for her treats

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Whole Dog Journal has Vital Essentials on its list of recommended freeze dried raw so it's not awful. However, it looks like it uses supplements for the essential vitamins and minerals which I'm not thrilled about and for that reason I'd prefer Stella and Chewy or Primal over Vital.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I just bought some Primal treats which he loves so I look into the Primal dog food as well. And blueberries sounds like a treat he may like.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I'm a little late responding to this, but go to dogfoodadvisor.com. This is an objective site that rates dog food from 1 to 5 stars. You'll be surprised at what's rated 1 & 2!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts