Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from my breeder yesterday. Originally we just planned to go and look at the pups this weekend and pick one out, than wait until the 12 week mark in March. Our breeder took the pups to the vet and he told her that the pups are doing well enough to go, with her approval. She was very adamant about not letting them go early, but I think she feels they are doing well enough on their own now. So we will have a puppy this weekend!

She asked us to bring some weird stuff with us. Like a syringe, karo syrup, and a hot water bottle. She told us it was just precautionary and not to worry. Whats that about?

·
Registered
939 Posts
How old will the pup be this weekend?

The hot water bottle is to keep your baby warm so your little one will sleep better in the crate. The syringe and Karo syrup will probably be to make a sugar solution to give the pup if he/she isn't eating and to insure the pup is getting enough calories..... this may be a sign that it is to early to remove this one from mom; 12 weeks is best but I brought Tiki home at 10. Be cautious and if you don't feel your pup is ready, let it stay with mom another week or two.

Judi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts