Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Just to add to the list of possible reasons why a puppy may stay small is...

When two small maltese's are bred. Consider Kodie's parents... 2lb male.. 3.5lb female. The result... a dead puppy at birth, a mentally handicap little girl (never made it to 1lb) and died at 6 months old, and Kodie (3.2lbs... has MVD... and is extremely small boned... not to mention his other odd physical characteristics).

When people use the term "tea-cup"... which they ALWAYS do when they ask what type of dog Kodie is... what do I say? I always want to correct the people.. but at times I get so frustrated that I might be rude to them.. soo sometimes I just smile and walk away.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If a "Tea Cup" is 2-3 lbs and they say a "standard" is 7 lbs.

Where does my 10 lb Puddles fit in?

Guess just in my heart, but hes a cutie

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@May 17 2005, 06:22 PM
If a "Tea Cup" is 2-3 lbs and they say a "standard" is 7 lbs.

Where does my 10 lb Puddles fit in? 

Guess just in my heart, but hes a cutie 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62983
[/QUOTE]

At 10 pounds, I would say that Puddles exceeds the standard just like my Lady does at 9 pounds!

Bigger can be better and certainly means there is more to love, doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am constantly asked if my pup is a tea-cup. I always correct people and say that she is within the standard. People are surprised that maltese are a toy breed. I don't know why, I guess they are ignorant. I thought the website was very good. Did you see the puppy she has available? He is adorable, and ready to go home in June.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by saltymalty@May 18 2005, 10:59 AM
I am constantly asked if my pup is a tea-cup.  I always correct people and say that she is within the standard.  People are surprised that maltese are a toy breed.  I don't know why, I guess they are ignorant.  I thought the website was very good.  Did you see the puppy she has available?  He is adorable, and ready to go home in June.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63196
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw him. They are located in Colorado, which would be way to far from me to visit. I just don't feel right getting a puppy sight unseen. I want to see how the puppies are raised. Plus he is $2500 (more then I can afford). June is also not a good month for me to get a puppy. I'm going to be out of town every single weekend. Plus the first 2 weekends of July it sounds like I will be out of town also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts