Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep, it's that time. I love how her hair looks when it's all brushed out, clean, and white, but that's about 5% of the time. She is an active little lovey, going outside often, traveling with me to different events, etc. Her hair becomes a fluffy, matted mess most days and she seems SO HOT.

I'm not too worried about not liking it, because her hair grows very fast. She has an appointment at the groomer's at 3 today and I will get to watch the whole time so nothing catastrophic happens back there. I'm going to browse today and try to find a cut I like, but right now I'm thinking keeping the face and tail long and doing an inch or two on the rest. I'm very tempted by the Korean cut, too, but I don't want to deal with the hair growing back around her muzzle/eyes if I decide to go back to long facials later...hmmm...

Wish us luck!!! :chili:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
good luck ! i know exactly what u mean , its about that time for dolce too .. cant wait to see pics.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Ashley!! This is so exciting!! I can't wait to see Leila's new cut! I know that she will look adorable in any cut with that little face of hers!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I'll be posting pics soon. But really, it wont seem too drastic. Her tummy area is cut really short, legs were scissored down a bit, and body was scissored to be about even with her torso (horizontally). So, it isn't all shaved down like lots of pups, but we're taking it slow! :)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Where is that precious baby? I know she looks adorable!!! Can we please see what she looks like in her new haircut???:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is a korean cut? How is it different than a regular puppy cut (ie, short body, face trimmed shorter, ears/tail left long)?
Not sure what the classic "korean cut" body is (I am not sure it's an official term), but I believe it's generally short body, but really short muzzle, often no top knot, long ears. Ponyo, from Japan, just got a Korean style cut. Her pic is at the start of this thread:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/64-picture-posts/105114-does-anyone-recognize-dog.html

Here's another pic from Shinemore's website that I think is an example of the "Korean cut": (attached)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've gathered in my time here..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Not sure what the classic "korean cut" body is (I am not sure it's an official term), but I believe it's generally short body, but really short muzzle, often no top knot, long ears. Ponyo, from Japan, just got a Korean style cut. Her pic is at the start of this thread:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/64-picture-posts/105114-does-anyone-recognize-dog.html

Here's another pic from Shinemore's website that I think is an example of the "Korean cut": (attached)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've gathered in my time here..

Yep, I believe that is the Korean cut - now where is the pic with your baby's new look???

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
aw looking forward to seeing pics. Glad you didn't do anything drastic. I'm sure everyone knows that I love full coats LOL I'm sure she looks cute

1 - 20 of 35 Posts