Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Danbury "Precious Portrait" Maltese plate came today and it is gorgeous! The detail is fascinating. It is going to look perfect in my office, parlor, guest room, dressing room combo. HOWEVER, it is part of an 8 plate collection! So they sent me a picture of the next plate I can get and this chubby little Maltese in a puppy cut is sitting outside on a soft blue wood kitchen chair backed up by a bush of purple blooms and her little head is cocked to the side sooooooo cute! gotta have it.

And I'll probably have to have the next one and the next one and the next one................Otherwise it's like rejecting those little faces!

Now to figure out how to get the $237 for the other 7! Aaarrgh! Why'd they do that?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 8 2005, 06:31 PM
Well, my Danbury "Precious Portrait" Maltese plate came today and it is gorgeous!  The detail is fascinating.  It is going to look perfect in my office, parlor, guest room, dressing room combo.  HOWEVER, it is part of an 8 plate collection!  So they sent me a picture of the next plate I can get and this chubby little Maltese in a puppy cut is sitting outside on a soft blue wood kitchen chair backed up by a bush of purple blooms and her little head is cocked to the side sooooooo cute!  gotta have it.

And I'll probably have to have the next one and the next one and the next one................Otherwise it's like rejecting those little faces!

Now to figure out how to get the $237 for the other 7!  Aaarrgh!  Why'd they do that?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34274
[/QUOTE]
I got the flyer in the mail just yesterday for the plate(s)... how'd they know I have a Maltese, I wonder? And they mentioned the other plates... What do you do with the plates... do you display them on a stand, on the wall, etc.? Do they have a hook on the back?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
As some of you might remember Im getting that series of plates(I LOVE them) anyway you can... display them on a stand,or you can buy a PLATE HOLDER (under a dollar) to display them on the wall.They do not have a hook on them. They are a collecters item and someday be worth money.But they are beautifull!!!

Pamela,you can Cancel the rest of the series if you do not want them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got the ad in the mail today, too. I am not a fan of plates, but it looks so cute. Are all of the others in the series Maltese as well? That would be kind of cool.
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The brochure did state I didn't have to get every plate and that I could cancel at any time but how do I say NO to these precious images? That is my quandary.

I used a small easel type stand for this first plate and placed it atop my office armoire which is painted a cream color with flowers painted on the front double folding doors that match the flowers in the wall paper on my ceiling. So the Maltese on the plate just enhances the whole scene.

I also have a 4 plate hanger that I bought years ago an never used still lurking in its box so I guess I could get at least 4 of the plates. No, 5 since I have the easel stand. :D 8 plates of Maltese is just so irresistable.

Sheila, how many do you have so far? And can you describe them? Where and how have you displayed them?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Feb 9 2005, 11:51 AM
If you have an item code, you can order it directly from the Danbury Mint even though it's not pictured in their on-line catalogue or website.

https://www.danburymint-service.com/order.asp

Does anyone have the item code from the flyer?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34407
[/QUOTE]

Im trying to find mine for you...I put it in a Safe place HAHA, If you could see my desk youd unterstand

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Ladys MOm,Im sorry I cant find mine..of course I found ALL of hubbies fishing plate ones
Sorry
Call that no I gave you or....
Pamela you should have yours handy since you just got it.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Thanks. I am still debating whether or not I "need" that plate!

Lady's medical stuff is so expensive, I feel guilty splurging on things like that. It's not in the paycheck this month anyway since I have to refill both her seizure meds and buy more insulin which will run me $100.

Besides, then I'd want the whole collection, huh? :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
You should take a Picture!! I was thinking about getting those... but i just dont have the extra money since my new years resolution is to SAVE money and pay off bills! My sister has all the PUG plates and she just started recieving these pug statues that fit on this calendar on the wall. It's really cute! I dunno if they make maltese for that...
(My sister has a pug.)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lady's Mom & Kodie,

I know exactly where you are with this $ business. My husband showed me the ad for the plate and told me I should get it. I filled out the form, wrote a check and put it all in a stamped envelope to mail then decided that I just couldn't justify spending the $34 and told him I changed my mind about it.

While I was out that day he mailed the envelope and then told me later that would be my Valentine from him!

I have been unemployed for 2 years now and his business has been struggling to survive since 9/11 so we have really cut out eating out, entertainment, new clothes, you name it, it's out! We keep our thermostat at 68 in winter and 84 in summer and I really need new underwear!

But I am still tempted beyond reason to get a few more of those plates.

I've looked through everything they sent me with the first plate but all there is is a serial number, which is unique to my plate, and a name: Precious Portrait. The next in the series is Lady In Waiting sitting in a pale blue wooden shabby chic kitchen chair with purple blooms in the background. Can you just see it? I have a scanner but I don't know how to post the picture or I would do that.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Pico's Parent:

Yeah, like potato chips, could I stop at just one plate??????

I try, oh how I try to be practical! Not only $100 in medications, but I need to get more Interceptor and Frontline soon, too. And I want to order one of those water bowls with a lip to keep her face dry.

I think these forums are dangerous! We get exposed to much more Maltese stuff we just have to have.

Speaking of that, here's another one on my wish list:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Feb 10 2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, like potato chips, could I stop at just one plate??????

I think these forums are dangerous! We get exposed to much more Maltese stuff we just have to have.
I agree!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts