Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new puppy at home

I have a wonderful little (2lb) 12 week old maltese. She is wonderful. She has been with me 24 hours. Doing ok, except does not want to be in her playpen or away from me. Any suggestions from anyone??

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Welcome! You have come to the right place to learn and ask questions. We love pictures.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 3: Saw pix of your, and your daughter's little cuties. :wub::wub: Congratulations. About Bitzy not wanting to be away from you...take a look at some of the threads via the Search section (black line above) on crate training. It will have info about keeping pups in while training and how to set things up. My Tyler was around 8 months old when he came home so I didn't have that many problems with it though we had him in an Xpen with his plastic crate in my foyer area the first night and he cried all night. I followed advice here that said I should put the crate in the bedroom -- even on a nightstand so he could see me and he fell asleep like a dream. I felt so bad about that first night. A couple of days after that I moved his whole xpen and wee wee pads with plastic crate into my bedroom every night and he'd gladly and quietly go to sleep in it. My downfall was months later going to VT where it was minus 4 degrees and so cold that we folded and brought him up on our bed.:smilie_tischkante: That was that. If you don't want her up on your bed, just don't ever start it. Hope this helps a little but other people have had Maltese way longer and younger pups. Happy you're here and love to see more pix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts