Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sample bag of the Artisian chicken but I have a few questions. There was barely any chicken :w00t: and a lot of flakes which looks like potatoe. I had to break apart the chicken too cause it was a huge chunk. I added the warm water and even after 5-7 minutes the chicken was still not hydrated properly. Seemed hard. She liked the food but I also noticed no blueberries even though it says blueberries. I am sure the full size bag has more meat but how many chunks of chicken do you use per serving? Also did you find the chicken did not hydrate well and is too big? Is it supposed to look like a baby pablum consistency?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi Jenna,
I bought a full size bag of the lamb and had the same problem with the large chunks not seeming to hydrate. I took a fork and knife and tried to shred them which worked OK. Although there are not alot of large chunks, I understood there are smaller flakes of the meat in the bag-not just the large pieces. My dogs didn't care for it, so I didn't look into it much further. I was disappointed-I thought they'd really like it. And the consistency I got was like thick oatmeal.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
The ingredients in the Artisan foods are mostly ground up. They do put several pieces of meat in so that it's visible for humans however most of it is ground up. So don't worry there's more meat in the food than what you see. The big chunks of meat usually don't completely rehydrate in 8 to 10 minutes but it's fine for them to eat.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Like Leslie said - there are lots of meat chunks ground up! I made 4 servings at a time and refrigerate 3. The ones with the bigger chunks stay on the counter for 15 minutes and then into the fridge. By the time Hunter eats them - they are rehydrated! When I take it out of the fridge, I left it sit on the counter for 5 minutes and then serve.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
It says right on the bag that they put the large chunks on top so folks can see them but the rest of the meat is ground up and mixed with the potato and veggies.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says right on the bag that they put the large chunks on top so folks can see them but the rest of the meat is ground up and mixed with the potato and veggies.
Oh that is so good to know cause I was worried that the product did not have enough meat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts