Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aolani gave his grandpa the biggest scare, I mean surprise, yesterday when he ran through his office door with a big balloon on his back. Yep, we went to surprise my dad for his birthday and took som pics while we were there. My dad recently had some biopsies done for some moles on his face but all's well so far *knock on wood*. He was sooo happy to see his grandson - that's how he introduces Aolani to other people LOL.

Oh, funny story before we get to the pics, while we were waiting for my dad to get out of work we decided to go to one of the nearby doggy parks to work more on socialization with other dogs. So we get there, everyone says hi, and Aolani then likes to sit back and watch the action but sometimes he attracts a pups attention and then they play the chasing game. Well at one point there were about 3 little pups chasing Aolani and to get away he decided to leap onto what must have looked like a step to him, but really it was a little pool for the pups. The next thing I know I see 3 little pups stop right in front of the pool (they know that it's there) and a wet Aolani looking up at me stunned and trying to fiure out where all the water came from :HistericalSmiley: Well, at least he cooled off as it was kind of hot out and he then dried up pretty nicely. We left soon after since there was a malti-poo that kept on picking on him and at one point even bit at my shirt when I went to pick Aolani up. So, that was then end of that session. As soon as we got to my mom's house I gave him a quick bath since he had gone in the pool and although it looked clear ya just never know.

Well here are the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww aolani is soo handsome as is ur dad , happy bday to him .... funny about the pool lol ..

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
What great pictures of your dad and Aolani.:wub::wub: Two handsome guys. I think that it's so sweet that he calls him his grandson. Happy birthday to your dad.:chili:
I had to crack up over the pool event. If only you had a FlipCam going then. I could just picture the other two dogs screeching to a halt. Kind of reminds me of cartoons where one character ends up going over a ledge and the others stop short. :w00t: Happy Aolani was a good sport about it and hey they can all use an extra bath here or there. Thanks for sharing the pix.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh what a great story...I can just picture him standing
there with a what the heck just happen look..How nice
of him to give his grandpa a balloon. Hope your dad had
a wonderful day.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:chili:What a great day you had! :chili:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What great pictures of your dad and Aolani.:wub::wub: Two handsome guys. I think that it's so sweet that he calls him his grandson. Happy birthday to your dad.:chili:
I had to crack up over the pool event. If only you had a FlipCam going then. I could just picture the other two dogs screeching to a halt. Kind of reminds me of cartoons where one character ends up going over a ledge and the others stop short. :w00t: Happy Aolani was a good sport about it and hey they can all use an extra bath here or there. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Thank you everyone! Yes, we had a nice time and my dad, as always, was happy to see his "grandson." Susan, I know exactly what you mean about the cartoons screeching to a halt - that's exactly how it was! I did have my camera on me, but keep on forgetting to use it when Aolani is playing with other dogs cause I can't seem to get my eyes off him LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Great pictures of two good looking guys! So sweet that your Dad treasures Aolani as his grandson. And, I love the story about Aolani and the pool!

Belated Happy Birthday to your Dad!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Happy birthday to your Dad! Aolani is cute as ever, love his haircut. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Happy Birthday to your dad from us, too!

What a nice surprise of you to visit him at work with sweet Aoalani and a birthday balloon! :aktion033:
I also like your pool story!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
What a proud Grandfather your Dad is! And who can blame him? Having adorable, fluffy Aolani as a Grandson would be an honor! Great pics Edith and Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
What a great story about the pool, I am cracking up. I love the things our little ones get into and do.

I am happy to hear about the test results but don't worry I had one removed from my forehead that turned out to be bad cells (cancer) but it was an easy procedure and now I just need to keep an eye for any more bad spots. A result of loving to golf.

Love the pool story still smiling!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts