Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love all the graphics some of you use in your posts. I would like to have a software that would do graphics, cropping, framing, etc. Is it possible to get a software that has both on it (you can see how knowledgable I am on this).
I would need it to be somewhat easy to start with. Then if I got that conquered I could move on to something more advanced. Anysuggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 21 2005, 11:18 AM
Where do you find great clipart? (I like the animated ones.) Do most people download from the computer or purchase at the store that sells software? Also, if you download from the computer is it best to take the free stuff or purchase?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112021
[/QUOTE]
Oops, Sorry I didn't see Pat's post til after I posted my very similar post.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think Pat's question was more about smiley's and clip art ... I believe you are asking about programs to handle photos... right? If so, the program I have been using for photos came with my camera. It is called PhotoImpression by ArcSoft. It is very, very easy to use.... Here is the web site: http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downloads/d...on.asp?title=12

With the program you can add text to a picture, use lines to make frame, resize, free-form crop, adjust the color, clone and more. And it is truly a no brainer to use. If you get this program, I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about it.

I really think you'd have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
There are so many programs out there but not one of them does all you want it to do. Each one has something you like that you cannot find in the other one. A lot depends also what you want to do with it.
Right now I have on my computer :

- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 (never use it - tried to do collage with it, but I must be too stupid for that program because I still have not found out how to get multiple images in different layers).

- Printmaster : use it a lot to do labels, greeting cards, calendars... Easy to use but does not save your work in jpg extension. Has lots of clip art. Has frames.

- Jasc Paintshop Photoalbum : use it a lot. You can edit and enhance your pictures, do slide shows and dvd's with your pictures. Has frames. Does not do collage and does not have clip art.

- Microsoft Picture It Gold Edition 2001 : I finally installed that program in my new computer out of frustration not finding a program easy enough for me to do collages. You can do a lot with that program. Lots of clip art, frames. You can do collages, some animation. Edit and enhance your pictures. But don't know if the newer programs of Picture It do the same thing.

I donwloaded for free trial Fotofinish and Photomix. Fotofinish is as complicated as Photoshop elements to do collages and Photomix is very limited. So I uninstalled them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I think I will go with the one Sher has recommended. Sher, is that what you use to do the welcomes to new SM people and the pictures you have of your dogs on the mat, etc? You did a fantastic job with Belle's pictures I gave you to work with. I will let you know when I get it. My new Sony computer that had a bad hard drive is now back from the manufacturer with a new hard drive. Husband is going to put it up tomorrow. It best work well this time. Thx again Maltese Jane and Sher. ~ Jackie

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese Adora-Belle@Oct 21 2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks!  I think I will go with the one Sher has recommended.  Sher, is that what you use to do the welcomes to new SM people and the pictures you have of your dogs on the mat, etc?  You did a fantastic job with Belle's pictures I gave you to work with. I will let you know when I get it.  My new Sony computer that had a bad hard drive is now back from the manufacturer with a new hard drive.  Husband is going to put it up tomorrow.  It best work well this time.  Thx again Maltese Jane and Sher.  ~ Jackie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112109
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I used that program for my signature and every single picture of mine on SM. I'm going to install Photoshop soon but so far everything has been done with PhotoImpression by ArcSoft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts