Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got invited to a baby shower. They are doing a "Diaper Shower". Here is how it works. The hosts put together a big gift basket as a prize. For every bag of diapers you bring in addition to a gift (if you are so inclined) you will get a raffle ticket. Towards the end of the party, they draw a winning ticket and that person will receive the gift basket.

If you are interested getting diapers they assign you a size. That way they don't get 30 of the same size. The hostess went to a diaper shower once before and the new mommy was able to go almost her first year without buying diapers. Saved her a lot of money!

I thought this was a great idea!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that is a really cool idea. every time our sister-in-law got pregnant, and when her sis got pregnant....we were the ones that bought a BUNCH of bulk diapers that i know lasted them at least a few months. lol.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Love this idea. I just found out not too long ago a friend of mine is pregant. I asked her if she is doing a shower and she said yeah, and then she nudged me. I'm assuming that I'm doing it, but not quite sure yet. I'm asian and it's tradition that you have a shower AFTER they are born.

If you remember, can you tell me what was all in the gift basket?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have also done a formula shower but it is more risky. Some babies you have to try a bunch of different formulas before you find one that works for them.

They are did a movie themed basket. There are 4 DVDs, 4 boxes of candy, a popcorn popper like below, popcorn seeds, popcorn oil, popcorn salt, and 2 popcorn bowls. It is all in a large wicker laundry basket.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My boss (the hostess) was telling me there are 30 people invited to the baby shower.
27 of the people invited said they were going to get diapers. She has received diapers from about 11 people. Last night she counted up how many individual diapers she has at her house and there were over 1,400 diapers. WOW! That is a lot of diapers.

At Sam's Club you can get a box of diapers for $25. There are like 10 bags of diapers in it. In the size 2 box there are 228 diapers in the box.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Well, if I do end up doing a baby shower, I'll make sure EVERYONE goes to sam's and get a box! hehehe I never hosted one before. It might suck! Maybe she'll find someone else to do it HAHAHA.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My boss sent out an email to everyone that was invited. It said she was going to Sam's last night and if anyone wanted her to get a box of diapers for them. She ended up buying 6 boxes last night. The cashier asked her if she runs a day care or something.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lady who is having the baby doesn't know about the diapers. We are going to suprise her with them. So the whole office is sneeking the diapers in and giving them to my boss. Who then has to sneek them down to her car. At the shower she is thinking of hiding them under a sheet or blanket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts