Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have great news. Sugarplum just pottied where she was supposed to: on her pad! I KNEW she would have to go soon, so I put her (and her food and water dish) in her pen. I bit the bullet and wouldn’t let her out until she did, whether it was on the pad or not. She ate and drank some, then about ten minutes later she was giving her signals that she had to go. I kept saying “potty” while pointing at the pad. I looked away and she did her thing. I said made somewhat of a big deal about it, saying “yay! Good girl, you went potty!” but I also didn’t want to frighten her and make her think she did something wrong. And I rewarded her nicely with some treats. I guess I will have to put her in her pen at regularly scheduled times; I really don’t feel that guilty doing so, because her pen is much less enclosed/restricted than her cage at the mill probably was. And besides, she has a favorite spot, or safe zone in my condo: I have an extra dining chair in the corner of my dining room, and she usually sits under it. To me that is more restrictive than her pen, and she chooses to sit under the chair in the corner. And she doesn’t look scared either. She just curls up and observes what’s going on.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Yay!!!!!!!!!! So thrilled w/you. Keep up the good job!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts