Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...Happy New Year to everyone. I was at Petsmart today and came across Greenies Smart Chew bones. They are kind of like a nylabone, but they look exactly like a greenie treat. Our puppy is too young for greenies, but she went absolutely nuts for this thing. So much that I'm going to go back and get a couple of more. They come in three different "chew" strengths and are non-edible (like nylabones). I was just curious if anyone else had tried them.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 6 2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all...Happy New Year to everyone.  I was at Petsmart today and came across Greenies Smart Chew bones.  They are kind of like a nylabone, but they look exactly like a greenie treat.  Our puppy is too young for greenies, but she went absolutely nuts for this thing.  So much that I'm going to go back and get a couple of more.  They come in three different "chew" strengths and are non-edible (like nylabones).  I was just curious if anyone else had tried them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28046
[/QUOTE]

Wow this sounds great... I'm heading there now!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I saw those in one of my catalogues. Of course, Miss Lady would have nothing to do with something that wasn't edible!

Greenies has also come out with a peanut chew (peanut butter flavored I guess) that was really cute - shaped like a peanut.

Wouldn't you like to be the person who invented Greenies?????

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jan 6 2005, 01:59 PM
I saw those in one of my catalogues. Of course, Miss Lady would have nothing to do with something that wasn't edible!

Greenies has also come out with a peanut chew (peanut butter flavored I guess) that was really cute - shaped like a peanut.

Wouldn't you like to be the person who invented Greenies?????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28053
[/QUOTE]
And how!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Jan 6 2005, 02:30 PM
Has anyone use both Greenies and Nylabones?  I am just wondering which one you prefer.  Right now I am giving the dogs Greenie bones and the flakes.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28081
[/QUOTE]

Lexi has a couple of the Nylabones that you don't eat. I've never gotten the edible kind. She loves the greenies though. She spends a couple hours trying to hide the bone and then she will finally lay down and eat it. If she can't find the "perfect hiding spot" she will walk around whining.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 6 2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all...Happy New Year to everyone.  I was at Petsmart today and came across Greenies Smart Chew bones.  They are kind of like a nylabone, but they look exactly like a greenie treat.  Our puppy is too young for greenies, but she went absolutely nuts for this thing.  So much that I'm going to go back and get a couple of more.  They come in three different "chew" strengths and are non-edible (like nylabones).  I was just curious if anyone else had tried them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28046
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I did run out to Pet Smart and saw the new Greenie Smart Chews. They were on a special display and the stock was already getting low. The clerk said they were a brand new item. I bought one of each.. Hard, Medium and Soft because I didn't know which one mine would like. I think this will be good for Kallie because she gobbles Greenies up in about 10 minutes and sometimes throws up a chunk!!

That's what I love about SM.... we can share product info with each other.... how nice... thanks, Joe!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I saw one when i was at petco a few days ago but it was watermelon flavored are we talking about the same thing?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Lilly521@Jan 6 2005, 04:45 PM
I saw one when i was at petco a few days ago but it was watermelon flavored are we talking about the same thing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28104
[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's the new one. They are non edible. They look like traditional Greenies treats, but are long lasting and not intended for consumption. They are a chew-bone like Nylabones. My puppy has both the flexible (clear) nylabones and the hard (white) nylabones, but she seems to prefer this Greenies bone the best. I got her the medium because I felt the soft was too soft. I think that would be best for a young puppy. The hard would be best for adult teeth. Unlike the nylabone, the Greenies bone is textured and has nubs, ridges, and bumps on it. All I know is that she hasn't stopped chewing it all afternoon!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Well, I just got home with my Greenies "Smart Chew" bones and my babies are going nuts over them. I got the "hard" one for Kallie and usually when I give her a bone she will walk around with it and maybe hide it but she laid down and went to town on it. Same with Catcher... I got him the "medium" and the "light". I gave him the medium first and he is loving it. They are both so quiet and just chewing away...... Ahhh, these things are the best!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Jan 6 2005, 07:32 PM
oops sorry, I read that wrong I thought it was the Nylabones

So what is the difference between the Greenies and Greenies Smart Chew?

Are these different than the regular greenies?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28133
[/QUOTE]
Regular Greenies are a treat that dogs can eat and digest. The Smart Chew is a rubber type of chew toy that is not a food product. It looks almost exactly like a Greenie only it's made of plastic. I compared it to a nylabone because it feels like the flexible kind. The bone is green like a Greenie treat, but it doesn't break apart (unless old and worn like a kong or nylabone). I hope that makes sense. I haven't found a photo yet, and I don't know how to post one on here without changing my avatar. If anyone can give me a step by step, I can take a shot and post it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Jan 6 2005, 07:42 PM
okay I understand what you mean, looks like a Nylabone.

I dont know if Digby would like a Greenie she could not eat LOL  She loves her Greenies.

I tried the Nylabone Greenies, but she knew it was a fake Greenie, and would not touch it LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28138
[/QUOTE]
It actually looks like a Greenie but has the texture of a Nylabone. She might go for this because it really looks exactly like the Greenies treats.

edited to say that I just saw the photos...thanks for posting

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know where im going tommorow!!!!!
petco!
chico LOVES his greenies and i saw the ones you are talking about and i held it and said nah!
I want to see if they carry the peanut one that looks good

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HMMMMM, maybe I'll go tomorrow to get some
. They might think mommy is trying to trick them though LOL.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
man i was just at petsmart!...guess i will be going back. Parker has a soft nylabone and a hard one..he hardly chews on them, but he loves greenies...i will have to try. thanks everyone! i love this place!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Maybe Brink will like these. He quit liking greenies and only buried them
. I found them EVERYWHERE! But he loves his edible nylabones. Maybe he will like these too.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So are regular greenies better than edible nylabones? It takes Sadie about a week to work on a petite nylabone edible. Sassy is learning to. They are like a pacifier. Why would greenies be better? Mine have the nylabone rubber bones and aren't impressed. They also have those cornstarch bones and don't like them one bit.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jan 6 2005, 10:30 PM
So are regular greenies better than edible nylabones?  It takes Sadie about a week to work on a petite nylabone edible.  Sassy is learning to.  They are like a pacifier.  Why would greenies be better?  Mine have the nylabone rubber bones and aren't impressed.  They also have those cornstarch bones and don't like them one bit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28179
[/QUOTE]

Hi, are you saying that you are using the Nylabone brand of "Greenies"? If so, I had heard that they may not be as digestible as Greenies, but I heard that on MO. Of course we couldn't say brand names but through "code" it appears that was what someone who is knowledgeable said... !

1 - 20 of 44 Posts