Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greenies.....Puddles loves them. I allow him to have one during the week and one on the week end.

Tonight while laying on hubbies lap....I gave him one. The cat jumped on the arm rest and you would have thought war started in my house. Puddles jumped on Lucky (cat) with all four feet, fighting him. Never had I seen this before and had to jump in, pulling Puddles off him. I popping his hinney and yelled NO NO while taking the greenie away. Boy is this stuff dog drugs? What the heck is in them? Puddles has walked around looking for his greenie every where, but he lost it by acting that way.

Does your babies get moody while eating their greenies?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Feb 6 2005, 09:01 PM
Greenies.....Puddles loves them. I allow him to have one during the week and one on the week end. 

Tonight while laying on hubbies lap....I gave him one.  The cat jumped on the arm rest and you would have thought war started in my house. Puddles jumped on Lucky (cat) with all four feet, fighting him.  Never had I seen this before and had to jump in, pulling Puddles off him. I popping his hinney and yelled NO NO while taking the greenie away. Boy is this stuff dog drugs? What the heck is in them?  Puddles has walked around looking for his greenie every where, but he lost it by acting that way.

Does your babies get moody while eating their greenies?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33900
[/QUOTE]

My min pin gets crazy over them as well. I give him one and Prissy one and with in 5 min he has stole hers and finished it off and has half of the other is already gone. He loves them!!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
yeah, Peanut is definately addicted to his greenies. I always end up taking them away from him because he growls at anyone who comes within a few feet of him while he's chewing on a greenie. My friend's bichon had a greenie and Peanut was trying to figure out how to steal it.

By the way, the last time a bought a bag of greenies, there was a coupon book inside and it had a free sample coupon for cat greenies.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i didnt know they made them either! one of my cats has already tried to eat parkers greenies, so im sure he will like them too

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i've heard of dogs getting aggressive towards rawhides before. i didnt know about the greenie attacks till all of you were talking about it. i think that if a dog is getting aggressive about a particular treat....take it away from him. try bully sticks!!
our dogs dont get aggressive or possessive with those.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sunny. who for a maltese i dont not consider to be a picky eater, just isnt that intrested in them anymore i used to give then to him maybe once or twice a week but then i started giving them to him he would smell it and go find something else to do

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Dumb question? I dont know what exactly are Greenies used for? Just a treat or a teeth cleaner? I remember seeing a web site where they were removing a big chunk of one of those from a dogs intestine, so I assume they are not digestible, so what is the purpose and does everyone consider them safe?

Your stories are funny it sounds like they are laced with something!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
They are for cleaning teeth and freshing breeth. They are digestible but you just have to make sure your furbaby doesn't swollow a large piece of it.

I let Lexi have them but only when I'm around to supervise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with the evil in greenies. Chief got one for the first time last week and he turned into cujo. He about took my hand off when I tried to pet him. I don't know if I will get him anymore. Definitly not when anyone else is home. He has never even growled at me before, let alone try to take my hand off.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wanted to tell you that I give my cats the dog Greenies! My vet says it is okay--they are the same as what is going to be called cat Greenies, just in a different form. For the cats, sometimes I have to give them the petite size cut in half, actually this is what I give to my Maltese, Buttsy.

Buttsy, a/k/a Scooter, gets two Greenies a day! One in the afternoon and one at bedtime. If he runs out, his daddy has to go to the store and make SURE he is properly stocked or he will pout!! If the cats even THINK about getting near his Greenies, he will get very protective of them--he absolutely loves them and the are so good for his teeth.

I have to hold them so the cats can chew them. Sometimes my husband will let the cats have a nibble before Buttsy gets his for his bedtime treat.

I wish there was something that good for us humans!!

Beth

·
Registered
522 Posts
I purchased two small bags of the Greenies chips. What am I supposed to do with them? I gave Izzy one little piece and she swallowed it whole. I tried again, and gulp, that one went down whole also. What's the point of the smaller ones?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Feb 28 2005, 01:59 PM
I purchased two small bags of the Greenies chips.  What am I supposed to do with them?  I gave Izzy one little piece and she swallowed it whole.  I tried again, and gulp, that one went down whole also.  What's the point of the smaller ones?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38519
[/QUOTE]
I wish I could help, but Peanut chews each tiny piece individually.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I was searching for more information about food allergies in dogs and came across a warning about Greenies.

Ever wonder what they are made of? Apparently the main ingredient is wheat guten which also happens to be one of the top two foods dogs are allergic too! (The other is corn).

So if your dog is wheat sensitive or you notice allergy symptoms like chewing, scratching, tearing, etc., the Greenies might be the culprit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts