Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tim and yes, I am "Hailie's Dad"... Hailie is 10 months old TODAY! She came to live with my partner and I back in April of this year. She has been the highlight of our lives... are all Maltese dogs this smart or are we just very fortunate?? She is a delight... especially now that we seem to be getting through the "puppy stage" and the housebreaking. That has been a task, but well worth the benefits. She has become a very special part of our family for sure. So, I was very excited when I found this site. There seems to be a wealth of information here and I am sure we will benefit from it. So, hello from the state of Maine... and hello from Hailie and her dad... (she is actually very fortunate, because she actually has TWO dads... how many Maltese puppies can say that??)

:D

Good to be here... looking forward to "chatting" with you all!

Tim
aka Hailie's Dad...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Hailies Dad@Dec 2 2004, 08:23 AM
My name is Tim and yes, I am "Hailie's Dad"... Hailie is 10 months old TODAY!  She came to live with my partner and I back in April of this year.  She has been the highlight of our lives... are all Maltese dogs this smart or are we just very fortunate??  She is a delight... especially now that we seem to be getting through the "puppy stage" and the housebreaking.  That has been a task, but well worth the benefits.  She has become a very special part of our family for sure.  So, I was very excited when I found this site.  There seems to be a wealth of information here and I am sure we will benefit from it.  So, hello from the state of Maine... and hello from Hailie and her dad... (she is actually very fortunate, because she actually has TWO dads... how many Maltese puppies can say that??)

:D

Good to be here... looking forward to "chatting" with you all!

Tim
aka Hailie's Dad...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19792
[/QUOTE]
Welcome Tim and Hailie!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a wonderfully warm reception! Thanks all...

And, I LOVE the duck costume... TOO cute!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey Tim and Hailie,
Welcome! I love to hear about the puppies that are a bit ahead of Sadie. Lets me know what I have to look forward to. Isn't it great that so many men are entranced with Maltese. You gotta admit they are kind of girlie looking dogs, but my husband is a slave to our new Maltese puppy and our older Bichon. Tell your partner to sign on and talk too.
Susan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She is definitely our baby... and is definitely spoiled rotten! (hence this site catching my attention!!) She really is like our child and she knows it so well. She is not totally housebroken yet, but is making good strides. The only time she is not good in the house seems to be when she is mad at us about something... honestly... she can be very spiteful... otherwise she does go outside and will actually go to the door to ask. However, we do live in Maine and the winters here can be pretty harsh. I am curious as to how she will do in the snow... no... we have no snow as of this date... which is unusual for Maine... but, we all know it is coming sooner than later... Hailie does not like rain or the cold or frost on the grass... but she has grown more tolerant... I am afraid that snow will really piss her off!! But, hopefully, she will grow tolerant of that, as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Hailies Dad@Dec 2 2004, 11:38 AM
However, we do live in Maine and the winters here can be pretty harsh.  I am curious as to how she will do in the snow... no... we have no snow as of this date... which is unusual for Maine... but, we all know it is coming sooner than later... Hailie does not like rain or the cold or frost on the grass... but she has grown more tolerant... I am afraid that snow will really piss her off!!  But, hopefully, she will grow tolerant of that, as well.

Thanks!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19855
[/QUOTE]

Have you considered having potty pads set up somewhere in the house for her to use? I did that for 12 years with my first Maltese and now again with Kallie and Catcher. They still will "go" outside if we're out there but in the house, they just run to their potty area and I'm not even involved.... it is great!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm welcomes to you and Hailies. XOXOXO's for you 3 from Buttercloud and Noriko. There arent many daddies in this site, but it's all good

1 - 20 of 30 Posts