Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Linda and I was directed to this site by a new friend. Susan, I love it!

I don't have my baby girl yet, she will be able to come to her real home mid-Februrary. I have a miniature schnauzer that is getting old. I felt in my heart it was time to get another dog for both of us. I did a lot of research and although I have always loved the little white furry Maltese, I was delighted to discover we were well suited for one another. More research led us to a breeder in WVA, which is almost 4 hours away. It's a long drive but this way my wee one won't have to be flown. My husband and I are going there on our anniversary Feb. 2nd to visit her and take her a blankie we've been sleeping with so she will have our smell. I am so excited, I can't begin to tell you.

Her breeder is so kind and keeps in touch with email often. She just emailed me yesterday and said that they would be emailing me more pictures of her tomorrow! I think her name will be Sweetie Bella or Izzy Bella, she'll let us know, I'm sure.

I will be needing lots of information and advice as I've always owned schnauzers and I've never had a Maltese.

P.S. This board rocks!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Welcome to our SM Family!!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hi Linda! Your puppy is absolutely adorable!! The waiting is so hard, I know, but you can spend the time learning on this board and being supported by the amazing people here. Also, shopping for the things your baby girl will need will help pass the time and make it more real.

Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey Linda,
You'll enjoy this site. I know you're really excited about the new baby. What is the age of your older dog?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jan 27 2005, 01:21 AM
  What is the age of your older dog?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31811
[/QUOTE]
Cricket, our miniature schnauzer is 14 years old. She still loves to play but she's losing some of hearing. We have to speak in high pitched voices for her to hear us. I've been giving her extra lovin' for when we bring her baby sister home.

Funny story: Today when I took Cricket to the groomers I announced that "Cricket will be getting a new baby sister soon" and the Groomer said "OH congratulations! When are you due?" and she looked at my way too large waistline. I made a mental note to never announce it like that again!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WARM WELCOMES TO YOU! Glad you found your way here.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
HAHA that's too funny. That groomer must have turned red when you told her it was a Maltese!
When my mom was pregnant for my youngest sibling, my next youngest sibling thought that everyone with a belly had a baby in there, even the men! He would touch their bellies and say 'baby!' My mom was embarrassed many times!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awwww...!!! What a cutie pie!
I am a first time Maltese owner too!! Getting Kodie was the BEST thing I ever did! Just you wait... they are just like little people (or children)!! The MOST loving dog I have ever seen...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi I have enjoyed reading all the forums. I have a 4 1/2 mth maltese named Harley Dude. I know that he is male BUT I do put blue bows in his hair and diamond collars on him. He is about 5 lbs & just adorable.Having a little trouble in the potty training & nippling at our heals,but we are working on that & he's getting better. Just wanted to say Hi.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Glad your new friend sent you to SM.....welcome, you will learn lots here. I'm still waiting for my Sisse too.....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Congrats on the new addition!!! Waiting for them to be old enough to come home with you is the hardest part!! The names you picked are adorable and I can't wait to see more pictures.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in WV are you gettin your lil one? I live in WV so I'm just curious

We found a super nice breeder in Bridgeport. Is that near you? It is sooo hard waiting. I'm kinda glad that we do live far from her or we'd stop by every day to visit her and sooner or later we'd end up on a Do-not-disturb list somewhere for puppy stalkers. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jan 26 2005, 09:24 PM
Hi.  My name is Linda and I was directed to this site by a new friend.  Susan, I love it!

I don't have my baby girl yet, she will be able to come to her real home mid-Februrary.  I have a miniature schnauzer that is getting old.  I felt in my heart it was time to get another dog for both of us.  I did a lot of research and although I have always loved the little white furry Maltese, I was delighted to discover we were well suited for one another.  More research led us to a breeder in WVA, which is almost 4 hours away.  It's a long drive but this way my wee one won't have to be flown.  My husband and I are going there on our anniversary Feb. 2nd to visit her and take her a blankie we've been sleeping with so she will have our smell.  I am so excited, I can't begin to tell you.

Her breeder is so kind and keeps in touch with email often.  She just emailed me yesterday and said that they would be emailing me more pictures of her tomorrow!  I think her name will be Sweetie Bella or Izzy Bella, she'll let us know, I'm sure.

I will be needing lots of information and advice as I've always owned schnauzers and I've never had a Maltese.

P.S. This board rocks!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31805
[/QUOTE]
Hi and Wellcome Linda. This site is great and I'm sure you will really enjoy it. I have my first maltese now. She is 5 mos. and I remember counting the days until I got her. They are a fabulous breed and you are in for a whole lot of loving with your new baby.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts