Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll! I love grilled chicken and was wondering what you're recipes were to grill chicken. Here's my recipe for grilled chicken:

Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Sugar
One chili pepper for taste(more if you like it spicy)
Garlic
Chicken marinade
Pepper

I dont know if most of you guys can make this since half of this stuff you have to buy at an asian market.

I have a weird steak recipe too:

flavored meat tenderizer
preserved garlic
liquid smoke
onion salt

(I just put all of these onto the steak, cover them up, and pound it with those meat tenderizing hammer thingys
)

Then put it in a container with:
Oyster sauce
soysauce
sugar
chili pepper
pepper
(sounds like my chicken recipe)

Great, now I'm hungry.

PLEASE share your ideas!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I don't like all that stuff and especially not something sugary on my meats. But that is me.
The only thing I put on steaks or chicken or lamb when grilling is Season All.
If I grill those huge shrimps, I marinate them in lemon juice (pressed fresh lemon), oil and Season All.
For the pork baby back ribs, I coat them with Season All and Paprika.
Sometimes I will make a mixture of oil, lemon juice and Season All and baste the chicken during grilling.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my cousin was telling me she uses Season All or something like it when she grills her chicken. Sounds easy enough.
thanks!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 18 2005, 04:04 PM
and pound it with those meat tenderizing hammer thingys 
)
so you beat.... uh, er, um, never mind
I will have to post my beer can chicken recipies later

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by mousern@Jun 19 2005, 09:37 AM
I'm not much of a cook, but I do recommend trying the KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk marinade. Just a touch of sweet, with a nice spice/hot. I've marinated chicken in this, but it'll work with any meat...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73804
[/QUOTE]

I have not made chicken in a while because my husband is vegitirian,. Well he other day I was going ot make some chicken and then store it in the freezer with the food saver so I could have it an other day. Well I went looking for my Jerk seasoning.
I could not find it anywhere. I just put the chicken back ,it's not the same with out it.
It add's that extra someting. I only use a little and soy sauce. It is really good on the grill.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 18 2005, 04:04 PM
Hey ya'll!  I love grilled chicken and was wondering what you're recipes were to grill chicken.  Here's my recipe for grilled chicken:

Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Sugar
One chili pepper for taste(more if you like it spicy)
Garlic
Chicken marinade
Pepper

I dont know if most of you guys can make this since half of this stuff you have to buy at an asian market. 

I have a weird steak recipe too:

flavored meat tenderizer
preserved garlic
liquid smoke
onion salt

(I just put all of these onto the steak, cover them up, and pound it with those meat tenderizing hammer thingys 
)

Then put it in a container with:
Oyster sauce
soysauce
sugar
chili pepper
pepper 
(sounds like my chicken recipe)

Great, now I'm hungry.

PLEASE share your ideas!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73671
[/QUOTE]

This sound really yummy , I have all of this in my cubord.. I usally buy our seaon at the chine store. The veggies are fresher and cheaper and you get more there. I get all our can staff a the loblaws or other supper markets.
I have a foodsaver you do not have to pound or season over night or for 4 hours. You just put the meat covered with seasoning in the container/ and vacume out the air. Then put in the frige for like 10min -1 hour up to you. You do not have to use their marine container they have foodsaver containers that work just as good.
Your chicken and stake will be amazing. I tried it for ten min and it taste like it was marine for 4 hours. My mother in law was really impressed. I pre cooked everything that week and put in the freezer in little bags then we took off for the weekend to the cottage. We had so much food we made the effort to go to town to eat out just for the experiece. The food was so yummy. Anyway thanks for the tip.. the only thing I was missing was the sugar.

my philipino friend gave me this receipe and I love it.
It is a little bit of vinigre , sugar Marine over night or with food saver 10 min.
thow on the grill. It is really yummy with stake. .. to spice it up you add a teaspon of garlic.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Joe+Jun 19 2005, 09:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Jun 18 2005, 04:04 PM
)
so you beat.... uh, er, um, never mind<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73812
[/B][/QUOTE]
I knew you were gonna do that! LOL

Chelsey--If you do decide to try it, let me know...I'll TRY to tell you the amount of everything. I don't really measure the amount. LOL.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Jun 19 2005, 02:24 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 09:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Jun 18 2005, 04:04 PM
)

so you beat.... uh, er, um, never mind<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73812

I knew you were gonna do that! LOL

Chelsey--If you do decide to try it, let me know...I'll TRY to tell you the amount of everything. I don't really measure the amount. LOL.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73849
[/B][/QUOTE]

that would be great I don't usally measure either.. only when doing new recipes from the box or internet.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chelsey--Just let me know when!

I am going to grill chicken using a different recipe. This time, I added:

Lawry's seasoned salt
Garlic smoked salt
Pepper
Fresh Garlic

I think Im going to base it in melted butter.

I hope this wont make it too salty. I'll tell you how it is later

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see the SM women arent the cookers in the household!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 20 2005, 10:28 AM
I see the SM women arent the cookers in the household! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74026
[/QUOTE]

I guess not we are to busy grooming puppies..

So how did it turn out. I only get to do this stuff when guess come over as my husband is vegiterian and his partents only eat chichen/ fish. Only my dad and friends eat stake.
We only see them in the summer as they live far.

It's funny I new how to make all this stuff before I got married and always wanted to make a turkey or ham. Then my boyfriend / now husband turns vegiterian and I can't experement on the friends.. That would not be nice if it did not turn out. My dad is a real cook . If my food does not meet his standards he will make jokes about it for years to come.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHA! The chicken I made last night was good, but I like my original way better. I like it a lil sweeter.

How come your hubby turned into a vegetarian?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
lol That is a good question. He used to eat chicken and stake , lots of junk too. dougnuts. Then his sister stoped eating all that stuff and then he did it. Well his sister is now eating chicken again. I don't know why. I said to my husband when are you going to convert back and make my life easy again. No chance. He siad he feels healther now. I myself am not a chicken fan but it the easiest thing to whip up when people come over or if you are in a rush. Vegies are easy too but you have to watch them so you don't over cook. Also they don't last to long . That also why I got the food saver. My vegies and fruit will last up to two weeks in the fridge. So we don't waste our money. I can't eat to much vegies or tofu. By body can't handel it anymore. We like seafood and most of friend are chines so I learned to cook a lot of those dishes., which my husband like too. Then there is fish , but my husband can only eat that like twice a week or he will start getting alergic.

It's hard to come up with differnt ideas, that are simple.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
ButterCloud,

I LOVE all those ingredients.....please try to give me the amounts of each......

I grill Salmon with a coating of Olive oil, sprinkled with Granulated garlic, lemon pepper and dill. Delicious.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Marinate some chicken in Italian salad dressing for 3-4 hrs (you can also do it overnight or start in the morning before you go to work). All you have to do is put it on the grill and dispose the marinate. It is so good. I think we just added some salt and pepper before we grilled it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jun 23 2005, 08:24 AM
ButterCloud,

I LOVE all those ingredients.....please try to give me the amounts of each......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74619
[/QUOTE]

Imma TRY to give the amts of the ingredients. I really don't measure at all. Everything is to taste.

I usually buy a big tray of Tyson's drumstick. It has about 12-14 pieces.
You add ALOT of Oyster sauce. Like 1 Cup or more.

Then comes the Fish sauce. It really just depends on you. Because if you like it salty, you're gonna add more of it. Just add like 10 squirts and then taste to see if if you like it. If you add too much, then add more oyster sauce. You really want a balance taste...not too sweet or salty.

Chili Pepper-1-2-I wouldn't put anymore than 2 because it can get pretty spicy. I use the skinny, red chili peppers. I only put 1 in. And if you dont want it getting on your hands, use a pair of scissors to cut lil pieces.

Sugar-2-3 heeping spoonsful. (I told you I don't measure
)

Garlic-2-4 depending on how much you love garlic. The more you add, the tastier your chicken gets and of course, the stinkier your breath gets too.

Chicken Marinade--You don't have to add this if you don't want to. But I add a capful of this.

Pepper- As much as you like!

You don't even have to marinate it for too long. Well, unless you have bigger/thicker pieces of chicken, but last time I only marinated it for like half an hr.

Next time I make it, I will DEFINITELY measure everything!
GOODLUCK! It's really good. You really cant go wrong with this! hehe

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 24 2005, 12:59 PM
What brand of italian dressing do you use?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74948
[/QUOTE]
Any brand works. They actually have some Italian dressing marinades now. I haven't tried those though. I just pick up a cheap bottle of Italian salad dressing. Also the longer it marinades the better it is. If we remember to we start marinading it the night before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts