Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D i have 2 maltese sweetpea and harley they are 6 and 7 months old does anyone know where or how i can learn to groom trim hair at home,ive checked in to grooming schools they charge 800.00 i just want to be able to take care of mt own.also i see so many maltese with shiney coats does anyone know what to use.thank you sweetpeas mom

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi sweetpeas mom! Welcome to our little community!

I trim Tiki on my own. I had the same problem, I couldn't find any one to show me what to do. So the first time I had Tiki groomed I watched. Then I looked at books in the library and sites on the web. Then I purchased a pair of scissors and went to it. The first few times he looked a little scrappy (but cute
) but I got better as time went on.

After that first time, I never returned to a groomer. I like doing it myself and it sure saves alot of money. As far as products go read through the posts and you will see many postings.

Hope this helps,
Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
There is a wonderful new product line out called PurePaws. It was developed by a Maltese breeder specifically for Maltese. www.purepaws.net is the website. I use it on Pico between groomings and he just shines and sparkles! The conditioning spray keeps him tangle free, too.

I'm not brave enough to cut his nails and when I try to even him up as his fur grows out between grooming, I realize there is no way he'll hold still long enough to get any kind of decent trim done. So I guess I'm stuck working the rest of my life to pay for his grooming bills.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you so much,i groomed her my self not bad she seems happier too.thanks for the info sweetpeas mom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts