Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderign what style cuts are there for maltese? I love them with a top not and like two-three inches of coat all over. like this...

So what styles are there and what would I tell a groomer to get the right cut?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
well...that's a puppy... so i'd ask for a puppy cut. :p

you'll need to take a pic and explain to the groomer what you're after...
however, not all groomers have the talent to groom to your specifications. that's the reason why i started grooming my dogs from the beginning. :)

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
What i did was to say exactly how i wanted Baci's hair to be ,when we went from long to what i call a modified puppy cut.
I did see other Maltese grown dogs and pups in my neighborhood If i like the cut or if i hated the cut i asked everyone where they went then it was process of elimination. Good luck

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a picture with you and leave with the groomer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is my first and only experience with groomers...

Harry before:

and after, yes, it is the same dog these photos were taken on the same day:

this cut almost made me sick to the stomach, I just didn't like not recognising my own dog, the groomer brought him out when I went to pick him up, I didn't think she had Harry I was waiting for the next person to come out!

Though I might reconsider taking him back knowing I can ask for the style of cut that I'm after.

·
Registered
18 Posts
<span style="color:#000080">I agree, taking a picture may be very helpful. Or just go over EXACTLY what you want, like say 3 inches of hair all over, or the tail long and the rest shorter. I had a experience similiar to the poster above...it was not good!!! I asked for a puppy cut, thinking I would get something a little longer, kind of fluffy looking...nope, it looked like they took clippers to her. :bysmilie: I really wanted to cry but at that point they can't put it back. I took her home and NEVER returned to that place!! In all honesty I guess they did what I said but there idea was different then the picture I had in my head. Now I found a new place that I give specific instructions to every time (even thought it's always the same lady). Hope that helpful. I do really think the term "puppy cut" can be interpreted so many different ways.</span>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts