Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious, for those of you who groom your puppy yourself, what have you found to work best? We gave Caesar his first haircut yesterday, and we tried the 1 inch with human clippers, but it wouldnt take his hair, so we just trimmed him with scissors. He did well, I held him and hubby trimmed him. He just looks a little choppy
, but hes not a show dog our anything, just our lil' baby.

· Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We use drying solution for Caesar too. You can get it at any pet store I'm pretty sure. There is a powder and a wet solution. He still doesn't like us putting in the wet solution so when this bottle is gone we may try the powder to see if he tolerates it better. I have never plucked his ear hair either, the vet said not to that it can be pretty painful to them and can be unneccessray if there are no problems. The solution we have now we got from Petsmart it's called Veterinarian's Best. It comes with 2 bottles, one is an ear wash and one is the " Ear Relief Dry". Sometimes we can only get the wash in Caesars ear, he really hates us putting stuff in his ear. But the wash also helps to dry the ear. We haven't had a problem with his ears yet, no infection or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.