Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked if we could do a grooming seminar at Nationals this year showing how to cut down a Maltese in full coat to a puppy cut. Since I know many of you are not interested in the breeder seminars that we usually put on, I'd like to know how many of you, who are planning on attending Nationals in Fort Worth, would attend a mini-seminar such as this? It is not set in stone whether or not we will have it, but I would like to get a feel for how many people would attend. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be there!!! Now your next challenge is finding such a willing subject :D
Well, now that you mention it, do you have any dogs you're bringing in full coat? LOL :w00t:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I am attending and would be very interedted in anything about grooming. Depending on how Truffles looks, she may be the subject!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't you want to show Emma at Nationals?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
hi denise - as of now, i am planning on being there and would LOVE to attend this seminar!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I would love to attend the seminar, i don't have any will subjects though. I would also love a seminar of how to properly groom and take care of a dog in coat, i think i'm not doing something right and possibly breaking alot of hair.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm planning on shaving Emma down right after Westminster - not sure I can handle keeping her in coat until April!!
Oh you big whiner (LOL. I am SOOO teasing you, Stacy!) It takes alot of time and energy, doesn't it. I have to say, I miss it though.. crazy, huh?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm going to Nationals and would love to attend thaqt kind of seminar.
(hey can we also get another day of obedience in?...LOL)

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Oh you big whiner (LOL. I am SOOO teasing you, Stacy!) It takes alot of time and energy, doesn't it. I have to say, I miss it though.. crazy, huh?
:thumbsup::HistericalSmiley:

It's not crazy! If I didn't have Andrew here, I'd be more tempted but it's not even her coat really because i have her in oil so she doesn't mat a lot - it's her eating all of her face hair off that is making me :smpullhair::smpullhair::smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was asked if we could do a grooming seminar at Nationals this year showing how to cut down a Maltese in full coat to a puppy cut. Since I know many of you are not interested in the breeder seminars that we usually put on, I'd like to know how many of you, who are planning on attending Nationals in Fort Worth, would attend a mini-seminar such as this? It is not set in stone whether or not we will have it, but I would like to get a feel for how many people would attend. :D
Hey, so far so good :) !! I just thought, those that have pet dogs, would be interested in it (and it would be nice to focus on something for "pet people" at the Nationals)... and those of us that have show dogs, cut down to pet dogs, but still want that cute factor, could use a lesson or two (or three or four LOL). I mean, how long do you keep them in coat, vs cut down? MOST of their life, once they finish, is being cut down, right! I'd love to keep all of mine in coat, I think they look beautiful, but reality is, a) I don't have time b) ) once you get past having one or two, cutting down is just makes more sense and c) the dogs really truly love having all of that hair gone.

I think also, it will help people save money. If you can do a groom yourself (and it is a cute groom) think of all of the money you would save!!!

Anyway, is nice to see that there are others that would like it as well. I hope it can be pulled off! Thank you Denise!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
:thumbsup::HistericalSmiley:

It's not crazy! If I didn't have Andrew here, I'd be more tempted but it's not even her coat really because i have her in oil so she doesn't mat a lot - it's her eating all of her face hair off that is making me :smpullhair::smpullhair::smilie_tischkante:

OH, I feel your pain...and know that road!!! BAD BAD doggies!!! ;))))) I do, seriously, miss the grooming though..it was my last thing to do at night and it is so calming to me.. but flip side, I spent alot of time doing it.. now we cuddle instead :)

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh and a suggestion. It would be awesome if someone did a video. There is little out there of grooming for cut down etc. I am doing Lola now myself, the clippers are a lot easier than I expected, but I am having trouble with head legs and feet. I would bet you could get quite a few sales on SM. :)

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I think it's a great idea and I would like to attend the seminar and will be at Nationals. If we're doing something on grooming, can we also include a segment on how to do proper top knots?

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I have three malts and a yorkie and i spend mucho bucks at our groomer....I'd love to learn how to do it myself. I will be at the nationals with one of my malts.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think it's a great idea and I would like to attend the seminar and will be at Nationals. If we're doing something on grooming, can we also include a segment on how to do proper top knots?
Because time is limited for this mini-seminar (if all the pieces fall into place) it would be kept to cute pet grooming (done by the groomer, probably on her dog) equiptment and techniques for a pet grooming. I wish it were all day, because there is so much to learn, but she'll have to stick to a pet cut grooming or it would go into midnight :) Sorry!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have three malts and a yorkie and i spend mucho bucks at our groomer....I'd love to learn how to do it myself. I will be at the nationals with one of my malts.
Yep, that is what I was hoping to accomplish with the idea, a way to help people cut down on their grooming bills! I know I save, doing my own 3 girls, but I know that the job I do, could very much be improved upon!!!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
You're not off the hook Jackie. We'll still bug you, but having a live step by step grooming seminar would be wonderful. I have all of the equipment, but have been too nervous to try doing a full cut. Count me in for the seminar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts