Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take Puddles to the groomer she does not trim his tail. I know its the Maltese trademark, but Puddles is getting so long (longer than my hand).

Whats the perfect length, to be able to flow pretty (he's in a puppy cut now).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Well, I finally trimmed Brinkley's too...I just cut off the end length, not the length of the actual hair...does that make sense?
I blunt cut it and FREAKED out at first, because it looked..well...blunt.
But once he fluffed it over his back, I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief! It looked just fine!

I just measured his, and it is about 6 inches long (he wasn't too still when I was trying to measure)...he may be in need of another trimming soon, but I think it looks fine with his puppy cut. :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I don't have Peanut here with me now, but his tail is also pretty long. I've never cut his tail hair. I just love it when Peanut's excited and he wags like crazy...looks like he's about to fly away

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
When Jonathan is clipped short (I let him grow out to 3-4 inches between cuts), I trim his tail to about 6 inches, too. I like it like that as it doesn't drag around and pick things up. I lay his tail straight out behind him, brush the hair to one side, trim, then to the other and trim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts