Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Lexi was on my bed with a greenies while I was getting ready for work. After I got ready I had to take her out one more time. I grapped her leash and went to put it on her. As I was trying to put it on she let out this really mean growl and bared her teeth at me. Like she was going to attack me. She has NEVER done this before. Well maybe when playing but this time she meant it. I took the greenies away and put Lexi on her back and while staring her in the eyes I told her NO!. After awhile she looked away and I let her go. She did it again when I went to put her collar on. So I did the back thing again. I have no idea why she would do this. I think she might have been testing me because afterwards she was fine and was licking me when I took her out. At lunch she was back to herself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gosh, that is strange. Did she maybe just not want to go out or is her collar restrictive? If she doesn't do it again..it must be a mood thing....but I know that must have been surprising!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She loves going out and her collar is actually a little big. She normally is so excited to go out that she will lay down and once the collar is on pulls me to the door. I mean full on running down 3 flights of stairs pulling Mommy behind her. It was almost like she was protecting the greenie. She has NEVER had any aggressive behavior before.

This is something that I will not tolerate. I am definitly going to take to the trainer tonight about it. I don't want to chance her doing it to someone and actually biting them. Especially since I have 2 of my younger cousins (8 & 5) staying with us in a couple of weeks.

I have noticed in the week or so she is growling when she plays with her friend. They both pretend they are vicious dogs. They show there teeth to each other but that has ALWAYs been just the playing. They have never been aggressive towards each other or another dog or person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts