Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im thinking that it could be gas. sprite farts sometimes---and then she gets scared, looks at her butt, and looks at me like "whatd you do". :lol:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This happens to Pico occasionally and he gets very upset over it. He will run to me and want to lay near my head or on my chest instead of my lap. Even when I take him out to pee, he runs straight back to me and begs to be picked up again.

When I feel his sides down by his tummy I can feel the gurgling and it is very strong. I will massage the sides very gently and this seems to calm him. He never gets diahrea (sp?) or throws up and his poops are normal but this will go on for hours. He just had a bout this week that lasted almost 18 hours. There was not a thing in the prior 24 hours that was unusual about his eating except that I did catch him chewing on something from the back yard but when I went over to where he was I saw nothing on the ground. I thought he might be eating cat poop but I caught it quick enough that there would have been some still on the ground but it was clean there. It could have been a seed pod or some such thing. Whatever it was was small because he didn't have his mouth wide open like when he's eating his kibble.

I was actually on the verge of cancelling my morning meeting to take him to the vet because his belly suddenly swelled as I was massaging. But then it stopped, his tummy went back to normal and he settled down and was fine. But it obviously bothers him when it occurs.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Casper is a healthy 7 month old too. His tummy has grumbled like this twice. There is this amazing Barbeque place here, and they have really good fries. We've gotten it twice since we've had him, and everytime his tummy grubles the day after he eats a couple fries from this place. He only got two fries each time, and his tummy grumbled for a whole day after he ate them. Maybe it was the oil or something!
No more fries for Casper! He also had gas after the fries. Maybe it's something your baby is eating?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old now but as a new member I've only just found it.
Amy has been having these symptoms for quite some time and I'm actually relieved to see that she's not alone with these symptoms.
She also has rumbling tummies, wanders around clearly uncomfortable, and sometimes her tummy appears swollen,but her motions are fine, and she has no sickness. I used to give her a tiny bit of Milk of Magnesia and this settled her after about an hour.This would happen every 2 weeks.
For about six weeks though I have been giving her a sensitive tummy tinned diet by Royale Canin from the vet, and (touch wood) since then she has had no more rumbling tummies.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
We started giving sprite some pumpkin---in hopes that it'd help with her anal glands.

but i have another funny story:

cynthia was sitting on the couch, and by her feet was sprite and sprite was chewing on a stick. sprite got up, walked like 3 feet away and went back to chewing her stick. cynthia was like "ohmygod, sprite just farted and then walked away from the smell so then i wouldnt think it was her!!" :lol: :lol:

so it turned out that cynthia was basically right. sprite farted, got up, and walked away from it. she's soo smart. i told cynthia that she was lying and that it was probably her and she was blaming sprite.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
DR CATHY HAHAHAH THAT FARTING STORY IS HILARIOUS! THEY ARE SO SNEAKY! I always hold my nose and go EWWWWW when they fart, but they still do it in front of me. The worst is when I changed their food to a different brand! OH MY GOSH! Cloud was on the bed with me and his butt was in his face and it was silent BUT DEADLY! IT smelled like skunk! He kept on farting! No matter how old I am, hearing fart will always make me laugh!

Turns out he was constipated. Because when he went to poopoo, I SWEAR TO YOU, his fart lasted like a whole 10 seconds! I was like, "what is that noise?" I can't even do a rasberry for that long!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
oh oh...one more story...I was on the phone once and Cloud sat next to me. All of a sudden you hear a lil fart sound coming from him....Sounds like "booot" hahahaa. And then he started going in circles trying to smell his butt! WHAT IS THAT HAHAHAHAH

Ya'll I'm not right talkign about farts...I have a cold and i'm delirous.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie's tummy makes noses too! I thought its because hes hungry but he doesnt eat! Hes not a very good eater! <_<

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Jul 30 2004, 08:39 AM
im thinking that it could be gas.  sprite farts sometimes---and then she gets scared, looks at her butt, and looks at me like "whatd you do".  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=5794
[/QUOTE]

how funny cathy i just cracked up at my computer
maxi does the same thing ....He hasnt had gas in awhile but when he does look out and he always does it when we are out somewhere so people probably think its me lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts