Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it! You guys might remember how I trimmed Gustave's ears that one time and it took so much time I said I'd never do it again. Well, turns out I had no idea what I was talking about. :unsure:

It is just so much fun I kept doing a little grooming here and there. Finally to a point where I did his first all over at home haircut. I am pretty happy with the results. It is choppy in some places but I had to run out for brunch (and he got dirty playing at the doggy daycare while I was gone), so we will finish it next weekend. But overall, I achieved what I was going for. A town and country style leg trim with body shorter, but not a whole lot shorter, round face, and skinny neck.

Here is the before picture

This is me drawing on the before picture to plan our version of the round face. I did this after several hours of round face researching last night. Thank you Obi, Owen, Aolani, Ava, and all other fluffs on SM who sport the teddy bear head. I finally understand it's not as simple as cutting the face in a circle.:thumbsup:

And now, post haircut. Some pics from the husband's fancy camera, some from my phone.

Hope you enjoyed looking at these!

·
Premium Member
24,038 Posts
Aastha - you did a fabulous job :chili::chili: He looks great and what a little poser. We can see all sides. Did you go to the groomer seminar at AMA? Did it help either with info or to give you the guts to go further? Well done. :chili:

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,676 Posts
Aastha, you did a great job - I love it! He looks absolutely adorable. For you first full groom, you did an amazing job.

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:You did a fantastic job. Gustave looks so handsome. I've been trimming my dogs for fifteen years and could not have done better. I always need to keep tweaking it several times....but then my hairstylist usually needs to tweak my haircuts too. Yay Aastha! Yay Gustave!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.