Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight while I was doing my daily walking, I saw this guy riding his bike and running along side him was his dog. Don't people know how dangerous this is? Hello? I saw him go one was, then about 10 minutes later he was riding back in the opposite direction but faster, and the dog was trying to follow along with him. I'm sorry, but this chaps my hide!

Aghh!! I just needed to share!

~Elegant

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a pitbull mix. He kinda looked like he was trying to catch up...I just hate seeing that stuff. He didn't look like he was suffering, just trying to keep up at a fast pace.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I see this often also, I just don't get it I would be worried sick that the dog would get injured or over tired! If you want to get some exercise with your dog, go for a run or a nice long walk.

Judi

J

·
0 Posts
I had a black lab years ago, well he was my sons' dog. Well I can tell you that when my son was little Buster (the dog) and my son would go rollerblading. My son was only 7 at the time but Buster would pull him all over the place. Buster never seemed to mine and I would always watch to make sure that both were safe. It was great to watch. I think it all depends on the dog. Buster was very devoted to my son. For 16 years they slept together everynight and for years Buster would go everywhere my son went. That dog would lay by the back door and wait all day long for my son to come home from school. I would never dream of having Lacey run beside me or pull a little boy around on rollerblades. She is just to little and she just isn't that kind of dog. So again, I think it depends on the dog.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely understand that it depends on the dog.

The dog was a pitbull, and he was going FAST. Pulling kids and having fun was completely opposite of what this guy was doing.

I'm over it now though...thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Elegant,

You may have seen a fighting dog in training......I've been watching Animal Planet's Animal Police series and pit bulls who are trained for the fighting pit are trained like athletes. The dog fights will go on for hours, not minutes, so these dogs have to be trained for indurance. They apply a substance to the paw pads to make them tough and they will use treadmills to train them.

I hope that's not what you were seeing but I can't blame you for being upset. I would be, too.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
You know.. I saw they actually make a dog running bike attatchement now? I'm not sure how it works, but I know I saw it somewhere, I was having some serious questionable thoughts about that one.

When we get our bikes we are going to just pull our girls behind us in one of the little hook on baby totes.
I think those are safe, and it will be like a small condo for those 2.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Jul 30 2004, 12:30 PM
When we get our bikes we are going to just pull our girls behind us in one of the little hook on baby totes.
  I think those are safe, and it will be like a small condo for those 2.
Glamour Dog,

There is a guy in my neighborhood who does this. He has a double pull behind and he rides with his medium sized dog and his kid in it each weekend..... It is something to see. Both the child and the dog are strapped in and look like they are having a blast! I have even seen him riding in the rain with the rain guards down. :lol:

Judi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts