Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Haven't seen it but Marley and Me and 8 Below scarred me. I can't watch sad animal movies anymore they make me cry to hard.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I could never see it. If it's sad, I stay clear of movies like that. Even if I know there's a happy ending - I just cannot take it.

I sound like a blabbling idiot throughout the sad movie, and my eyes are the size of baseballs when I depart the theater. Good grief, I'm a whimp.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have that movie, but I haven't watched it yet. I need to find a time when I don't have to go anywhere afterward, because my face gets all red if I cry. :blush:

Sad dog movies always make me weepy. I haven't seen Marley and Me yet, but My Dog Skip and All Dogs Go To Heaven get me every time.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just realized it was based on a real dog in Japan. We saw that statue at the Shibuya train station. I had to go back through our piccies to find it.
After his master's death, he waited every day at the train station that his master comes home and he did this for 10 years.

I could very well relate to the part where the dog did not want his master to go to work. Something identical happened with our dachshund. My father took her everyday for a walk. For two weeks before my father died, she did not want to go. The night before he died she howled all night long.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
this was a great movie, i tried to hold back the tears and be "manly" just could do it

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
You just have to see it, the love they had for one another was amazing. Who says dogs don't grieve, I know for a fact they do. I have seen many sad dog shows but this one did me in. I cryed like never before. I always wondered why the wife didn't take Hachi, I could never have parted with him especailly sense she knew the love her husband had for him. Just think how loyal Hachi was to his daddy, wow I wish my kids would be 1/10 that loving to me lol

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I've never heard of this movie. But, I looked it up on IMDB and saw that Richard Gere is in it! My dream man! :)

Is it on in-demand or do you need to rent or buy a dvd to watch it?

Linda

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've never heard of this movie. But, I looked it up on IMDB and saw that Richard Gere is in it! My dream man! :)

Is it on in-demand or do you need to rent or buy a dvd to watch it?

Linda
We have Netflix so we rented it from Netflix.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
My mother just told me she watched this movie on the Hallmark Channel. They have satellite tv. She said it was such a wonderful, wonderful movie. I want to see it, such a touching story. She didn't mention Richard Gere stars in it. :w00t:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I tried to find it at a Redbox - no luck :( Has it been out long on DVD? Redbox doesn't keep them very long so maybe I missed it.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried to find it at a Redbox - no luck :( Has it been out long on DVD? Redbox doesn't keep them very long so maybe I missed it.
It was a long wait to get it from Netflix. I never heard of it either but we saw a preview when watching another movie. You know, I think the nicest movies are the ones you never hear about. It took us a long time to go with Netflix but now don't regret. We have watched so many beautiful movies since we have it. And it works very well.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
After his master's death, he waited every day at the train station that his master comes home and he did this for 10 years.

I could very well relate to the part where the dog did not want his master to go to work. Something identical happened with our dachshund. My father took her everyday for a walk. For two weeks before my father died, she did not want to go. The night before he died she howled all night long.
Wow Janine! Truly amazing. Thank God for our babies, right!!
xoxoxoxoox

1 - 20 of 22 Posts