Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IzzyBella has big round black eyes but you can't see them because hair is hanging down over the outside corners. I tried to trim some of it with my husband holding her tightly but he kept fussing that I was "cutting her eyelashes". I see most of your dogs have big clear eyes with no hair hanging down, even when it's not in a top knot or bow. I've searched everywhere for a grooming tutorial on how to trim around the eyes but can't find any. Even my maltese book doesn't address it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to see my baby's big dark eyes.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Many cut a sort of "bangs" to keep them out of their eyes...
Is it long enough to clip back yet?
I trim Brink's eyelashes when I clip his face...they can get so long!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sort of long enough to clip back. Because she's so young I hesitate to leave the clips in her hair for too long in case she gets one loose and swallows it.

So you think I should clip them like my Schnauzer's bangs over her eyes, just in a straight cut across?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut has a problem with his tear ducts and I he really hates to have any kind of clip or those latex bands in his hair, so I just keep his 'bangs' clipped short. I use the little Wahl clippers, they were $20 from Petco, and I use the shorter of the two attachments and shave upwards from above his eyes and in between his eyes. I don't think it looks bad, I just wish I could get him to agree with a cute top knot. I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Feb 8 2005, 03:29 PM
It's sort of long enough to clip back.  Because she's so young I hesitate to leave the clips in her hair for too long in case she gets one loose and swallows it. 

So you think I should clip them like my Schnauzer's bangs over her eyes, just in a straight cut across?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34246
[/QUOTE]

I would try the tiny rubber bands that you can get at Walmart in the human hair accessories...if she has enough to clip back, you might be able to get the troublesome hair in a band or two. It might not be long enough to gather into one in the middle, but maybe one on each side right now...If I had a girl, I would have a top-knot and I would not cut bangs, but that is just me...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by SpottyPoo@Feb 9 2005, 02:20 PM
FYI -- you can get those little Wahl clippers from PetEdge.com for $8.99. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34451
[/QUOTE]

Ohhh!! Thanks for posting that spottypoo!! Petco is such a rip off, everything is so overpriced, but it's just down the street from my house. I'll be ordering those next time!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts