Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Ok, Chief is almost 9 months old now. I've done all his grooming myself up till now. His hair is about 5 inches long now. I thought I wanted to grow him out to full coat but lately I'm thinking of getting him cut. Spring is coming and he LOVES to be outside. He doesn't know that he is supposed to be a fufu dog (LOL) and goes out and gets so dirty. I could give him a bath everyday. I'm so afraid I'm not gonna like it if I get him cut. My hubby says don't but he doesn't do any of the grooming
. I am not even sure what to ask for. I don't want it the same length all over. I haven't found the "perfect cut" picture I'm looking for I guess. Someone just talk me into or out of please lol.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Well I can't tell you if you should get his haircut or not. That's something you will have to decide.

If you do decide to get his haircut find some pictures of haircuts you like. You don't have to have one picture that you love the whole thing. I have one for the head that I liked, another for the legs and a third pic for the body. I print them out and label them with what I like from each. I then take these with me to the groomers.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Google search for "maltese", "puppy cut", you can find 1,000's of pictures on the internet. I found one there (darn if I can remember the website) of the perfect "puppy cut" I want for Sisse when she gets that first groom. I understand that the term "puppy cut" means many different things to many different people, and you really should have a clear, concise picture of what you want. Sometimes just telling a groomer what you want may lend itself to a pup that comes home NOT looking like what you pictured in your mind.!! We live in Tucson, so having Sis in a puppy cut will be a must...there is just no sense in her being uncomfortable. She is certainly NOT a show dog, and does not need to be in full coat.....I want her to romp, play and have fun (not that show dogs don't do those things), gosh, hope I did not step on anyones toes!!
I just mean that's our style, there are so many pups on this website that have long coats that are just BEAUTIFUL, but I just don't want it for Sisse.....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My bf is the same way about grooming! He doesn't contribute and yet he wants their hair to be long! I say no grooming...no say!

Anyway, way out your pros and cons to deterimne what you're going to do! GOOD LUCK SEARCHING

1 - 5 of 5 Posts