Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a small standing inexpensive hairdryer and I am just wondering what's out there and what works well for Maltese. Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm looking to get a small standing inexpensive hairdryer and I am just wondering what's out there and what works well for Maltese. Thanks!
Hi April..I got one at Sally's Hair Salon and I love it. It has different dryer speeds and different tmp choices too... let me run over and see what it is, be back in a sec...... it is a cricket friction free. It also has some tools that come with it, a "narrowing in" cone I guess I would call it a diffuser, so that the air specifically goes to the section you are drying. On a show coat, to me, this is imperative otherwise, you make matts while you dry the coat.

I've used professional ones and other hand helds..this one is by far, my favorite. I've been meaning to go get another one, a) for me and b) in case this one poops out and I can't get it any longer..you know how those things go.

good luck!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I use a mobile grooming cart and bought an arm that holds a regular hand held dryer - it clamps on to a table top - it does the job. :thumbsup: It is 18" high and bends to the position you want.

I had bought a cheap dryer on a stand at petsmart one time and returned it - it was terrible!!

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
I bought a cheap one a few years ago from PetEdge, the stand was terrible, the dryer is good, lasted this long. Next time I'm getting one like Pat described (Pat I saw one on Petedge is that where you got yours)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Does the dryer from Sally's come with a stand...also when you use a dryer that's not hand held...doesn't it just blow on one spot of the dog and won't that get too hot after awhile?

Hugs, Blanche

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I bought a cheap one a few years ago from PetEdge, the stand was terrible, the dryer is good, lasted this long. Next time I'm getting one like Pat described (Pat I saw one on Petedge is that where you got yours)
No I didn't get it from Petsmart.....hopefully I saved the site on my favorites, I'll have to look. Actually Stacy (Bellarata Maltese) sent the link to me a while back.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks-I think I will try the stand. Lily will sit still and even hold up her little paws for me to dry, so cute! My Rose gets all wiggly becuase she feels so good after her bath so she needs more arms.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi April..I got one at Sally's Hair Salon and I love it. It has different dryer speeds and different tmp choices too... let me run over and see what it is, be back in a sec...... it is a cricket friction free. It also has some tools that come with it, a "narrowing in" cone I guess I would call it a diffuser, so that the air specifically goes to the section you are drying. On a show coat, to me, this is imperative otherwise, you make matts while you dry the coat.

I've used professional ones and other hand helds..this one is by far, my favorite. I've been meaning to go get another one, a) for me and b) in case this one poops out and I can't get it any longer..you know how those things go.

good luck!
Karla, have you got the white and tuquoise model or the new silver model which is a little lighter?

My Sally's just got the silver one in and it's $68. I like the fact that it's lightweight - just over 13 oz so won't topple my dryer stand. Other than the weight, it's very similar to the Conair I recently bought at Costco for $30. I'm trying to decide if I should spring the extra money for the Cricket.

Cathy

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I've got the husband stand. :smrofl::smrofl: Yes I make my DH help me at bath time and he's in charge of holding the dryer while I do the brushing. And that's why I love him. (just thought I'd add a kudo to those of us whose significant others do lend a hand...literally).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts