Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know on their tails how the hair grows out on the end and it makes there tail really long? Well sunny was chewing on his tail a lot lately so today i cut of that like 4 inches off the end (never cut it before so it was long) now he cant really reach his tail, he was kinda freaked out running around trying to get it , is what i did ok or should i have just left it growing? kinda dumb question but it seemed to really bother him when it did it....i didnt cut him there is still like 2cm before you actully get to his tail

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 23 2005, 08:35 PM
he was kinda freaked out running around trying to get it
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37308
[/QUOTE]
Hehe, thats cute! :lol: I don't think there is anything wrong with cutting the hair on his tail that short. When we cut Caesar's hair, I usually trim some off of the tail too.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with cutting the hair on the tail. In fact Lexi's is getting so long that I might have to do that soon.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I wish I had that problem! It took Kodie forever to grow his tail somewhat.. and it still isnt that long or full (he has thin hair). I dred if i have to cut it cause he has a sore on the tip of his tail...
all though... health is more important.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi has a gorgous tail. I love it but it is startingto matt more. She had a really bad matt last week (it was huge). Luckily I was able to comb it out.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I love maltese tails. Pico used to have the most gorgeous tail, it would just fan out over his butt like a waterfall and completely covered his private area from view.

After a while the MVD began to affect the thickness of his fur and his tail "feathers" don't seem to grow near the base of his tail....they just get a couple of inches long and then fuzz up while the fur that grows further along the tail is long and silky.

I am just awed when I see the Maltese entered in the Eukanuba and Westminster shows. Their coats are just beautiful! Like JMM's babies!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 24 2005, 09:48 AM
I love maltese tails.  Pico used to have the most gorgeous tail, it would just fan out over his butt like a waterfall and completely covered his private area from view.

After a while the MVD began to affect the thickness of his fur and his tail "feathers" don't seem to grow near the base of his tail....they just get a couple of inches long and then fuzz up while the fur that grows further along the tail is long and silky. 

I am just awed when I see the Maltese entered in the Eukanuba and Westminster shows.  Their coats are just beautiful!  Like JMM's babies!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37383
[/QUOTE]

Mikey's coat is actually really dry and does not grow because of his GI problems. I have to keep it super conditioned and try not to break it to keep it long. The health conditions definately do a number on their coats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts