Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to come on and whine. I decided to trim Lacey and boy did I trim her. I just kept going and going and now her hair is so short. I even trimmed her ears...this is how it started. Lacey had two ear infections and the hair turned a little brown around the ears. I bathed her and was able to get the grease out but not the color. Oh well, there won't be to many pictures of Lacey at Christmas LOL!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
cut the ears waay shorter, and just do the rest of her head choppy....and she'll look like a puppy again!!! i love short haircuts!

and yes, it will grow back. just wait a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I agree with Dr. C. We're crazy about the short ear hair.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys...that is what my husband said, she looks like a puppy again. I like her look when her hair is about 2 inches long. It just fluffs out and moves when she runs. I have to admit grooming her is much easier when she is this short. No worrying about matting. I don't think Lacey minds, she just goes with the flow. I have to trim her little face a little today...so uneven.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im glad you're grooming her yourself. i honestly think that the dogs appreciate that. i know that sprite would CRY when iwould leave her at the groomers. and now you can get it to exactly how you want it. and if you mess up....it grows back.
and i LOVE it when they look like puppies. i dont really like the long hair thing. it just looks like too much, you know?

good luck on trimming her again!! practice makes perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts