Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is our problem with our chief. his hair ALL grows forward on the top of his head and is hanging over his eyes. we try the pony tails but he pulls them out and some of the (eyebrow?) isn't long enough to get in yet. i really want to grow out his hair does anyone have any suggestions for us? oh yea, he really has eyelashes. is that normal? should i do anything with them? i have been grooming him myself and other than that he looks great. :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wouldn't clip his eyelashes. That could cause problens with his eyes. As far as keeping those little hairs under control, I use a generic form of Desitin that I get at Wal Mart. If you rub a little into the hair and comb it through before you put the rubberband on it helps to keep the hair in place and protects it from staining. The in-between stages of hair growth are difficult but hang in there it's well worth it

·
Registered
489 Posts
My vet said that there's a chance that the hair folical could be affected and that when the hair grows back it could grow towards the eye itself. I just didn't want to take the chance. I let all mine grow out and haven't had any problems. I keep them in full coat but I guess with a puppy clip it would be one of those Groucho Marks things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll try the desitin, haven't done that yet. then he will really smell like our baby!
thanks for the advise. i hope we make it through this stage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts