Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell at 10 weeks if a puppy when grown will have silky or cottony hair? If so, how? Also, Sapper have light tan?? ears and a spot on his back. Will he out grow this or will this stay with him for life?

I trimmed his paw hairs and his nails last night after cleaning his face. He actually was asleep and dint wake up for the trim. LOL Now to just give him a bath this weekend.

How often do you brush a pippy? I can brush Sapper and as soon as I put him back down, he gives a good shake and of course his hair poofs back out. LOL

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Dixie_Sapper@Apr 1 2005, 10:28 PM
Can you tell at 10 weeks if a puppy when grown will have silky or cottony hair? If so, how? Also, Sapper have light tan?? ears and a spot on his back. Will he out grow this or will this stay with him for life?

I trimmed his paw hairs and his nails last night after cleaning his face. He actually was asleep and dint wake up for the trim. LOL Now to just give him a bath this weekend.

How often do you brush a pippy? I can brush Sapper and as soon as I put him back down, he gives a good shake and of course his hair poofs back out. LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48268
[/QUOTE]

u shouldnt be worried if ur Sapper has lemon ears and some lemon spots on back at his age, my jongee had them too and her lemon back spot is gone, but stil she has a little lemon ears, shes one year old now..even if he still does have them when he gets older, it isnt a fault at all

u should make ur baby used to his groomming from a young age so that he can get used to it even if he's older

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't really worried as I know some do have the lemon color. Your dog is just too cute.
How do you do the slide show with her/his pictures? That is neat.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Dixie_Sapper@Apr 1 2005, 10:28 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48268
[/QUOTE]

In most pups the lemon fades as they mature.

A puppy coat will be a little different from the adult coat, but a really cottony puppy coat is doubtful to improve. A silk coat is cool to the touch whereas a cottony coat feels softer and also holds water like cotton batting. You can have a silky coat that is a little soft and a wide variety of in between textures. The breeder, if he came from a reputable one, is a good source for coat questions as they know their pups and the lines best.

It is ideal to brush daily, especially getting a young pup use to it. If you keep them in a teddy/puppy trim as an adult, you may not need to brush the body coat as often but combing the face daily is still a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts