Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought you might want to see how this year's float is coming along. Slight changes have been made to the theme. I'm using the smaller wagon now and only Ava and Maya will be on it. They will be "Tiny Dancers" on stage. And hopefully we'll have the song "Tiny Dancers" playing also.

First I had my dad add a bit of wood so I could make a curtain back drop then I painted everything gold and cut out a piece of linoleum for the flooring.
View attachment 89566

I bought lawn spot lights to be the stage lights. There's a round screw in ring that we attach a coupler to - that keeps the pups in the wagon and safe.
View attachment 89567

Then I stapled on the curtain. I've got foil strips pulled back on both sides - do you think I should just let hang down and trim it??
View attachment 89568

I'm not done yet. I want to attach cutouts of ballerinas, etc to the curtain and got lots of gaudy stick on gems to give you more to look at.

Ava has her tutu already and Maya's should be coming in the mail very soon! This year will be easy and less stress for sure!!

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
:new_shocked::new_shocked: I can't believe how creative you are Pat. You never cease to amaze me!! Great job on the wagon, er, float. Such attention to detail. I wish I could get down there. I have to tell my friend's friends in LBI to catch it.What's the date of the parade and where? Can wait to see the finished project. I'm mixed as to whether foil should hang down. Do you have more so some could be the swag and some could hang down?

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I like the gold trim pulled back much more elegant that way. Since they are ballerinas it should look more elegant now if they were disco dancers than i would say let it hang and trim. If you could find some doggie toys that looked like ballet slippers or toe shoes that would be cute too. :) It's coming along quite nicely, i can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Neat! it's going to look great. hmmmm can you have foil both pulled back and hanging? I think I would like to see it trimmed but will it be blowing around itoo much in the wind ?

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow great job!!!! I know they will be a hit!!!! Can't wait to see them
all dolled up.
Mary, this is one of the easiest floats I've ever made for this event. I always enjoy making them. And we're usually surrounded by people all day long - it's a fun day....:chili:

:new_shocked::new_shocked: I can't believe how creative you are Pat. You never cease to amaze me!! Great job on the wagon, er, float. Such attention to detail. I wish I could get down there. I have to tell my friend's friends in LBI to catch it.What's the date of the parade and where? Can wait to see the finished project. I'm mixed as to whether foil should hang down. Do you have more so some could be the swag and some could hang down?
Sue, actually the parade/contest is in Smithville - a cutesy little village of shoppes about 40 minutes south of here. That's where I first met Stacy (Kodies mom) and found SM! Archie was 7 months old at our first parade.

The foil strips are cheap - it's actually a table skirt for parties. I can always get another one if I wreck this one, LOL.

I like the gold trim pulled back much more elegant that way. Since they are ballerinas it should look more elegant now if they were disco dancers than i would say let it hang and trim. If you could find some doggie toys that looked like ballet slippers or toe shoes that would be cute too. :) It's coming along quite nicely, i can't wait to see the finished product.
I kind of like pulled back too, I think, but I'm going to keep asking opinions just to make sure. I'm always "looking" for stuff for the float. Hopefully I'll find more ballerina stuff. I have some but haven't put in on yet.

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neat! it's going to look great. hmmmm can you have foil both pulled back and hanging? I think I would like to see it trimmed but will it be blowing around itoo much in the wind ?
Ah HA! You've got a good point there.....It might be blowing too much!!! I don't want the dogs eating it either!! I better bring along a pair of pliers in case it become a pain in the butt all together. Everything is attached with my trusty staple gun!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Pat -- I so look forward to your floats each year. You always put so much thought into them and they're always so very, very cute. Can't wait to see the finished product with the "Tiny Dancers" on the float -- of course. :)

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Pat,

The float looks great so far and I bet it will be perfect when it's
done!!! I really hope that I can make it this year. You'll have to
let me know when and where he parade is.

Debbie

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Pat, you amaze me!! It is lookin' Good, girlfriend!!! I can't wait to see pics of the two cutest, hotest little babes in NJ!!!!:chili::chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pat,

The float looks great so far and I bet it will be perfect when it's
done!!! I really hope that I can make it this year. You'll have to
let me know when and where he parade is.

Debbie
Deb, it's on Saturday,October 30th at 1pm in Smithville - put it on your calendar! It's a fun day.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Wow - Smithville is only about 25 minutes from my SIL in Tuckerton. Hmmmmm. Maybe a sleep over is in store. Tyler could be the girls "patron" of the ballet arts. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Oh wow, Pat. Beautiful job. We have to get you a pink tool belt for Christmas. LOL
xoxoxoxoxo

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow - Smithville is only about 25 minutes from my SIL in Tuckerton. Hmmmmm. Maybe a sleep over is in store. Tyler could be the girls "patron" of the ballet arts. :HistericalSmiley:

Hey Sue, maybe Tyler can borrow Jett's ballet tights!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Wow, Pat! I am amazed at your creativity! I can't wait to see the finished float with the pretty ballerina stars!

I like the gold trim pulled back ... as someone else mentioned, it would probably look more elegant. But, I am sure whatever you decide will look fabulous.

·
Registered
598 Posts
that is great- I love it!!!

What kind of parade is this- does everyone do dog floats?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts