Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all have such cute Halloween costumes for our furbabies, but I would like to know what you do with your furbabies on Halloween. My husband and I do not have kids, so basically we dressed Toby up last year and let him run around the house in his hippie outfit. We also took him to Petsmart last year for a pet costume parade. I just wish there was more to do.

I just read on another website that some people dress themselves up and their furbabies and go trick or treating collecting goods for the local animal shelter. I thought that was such a great idea!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
What a wonderful idea
We live in a small rural town here and the rescue shelter is a no kill so they are always grateful for any donations they can get. We may even do the dress Scooby up and take him around our edition just to see if we can muster up some treats for the poor homeless dogs at the shelter.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
we dress park up and sit outside and hand out candy...that way everyone can oooh and ahh over him hehe

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Sep 29 2005, 08:47 PM
we dress park up and sit outside and hand out candy...that way everyone can oooh and ahh over him hehe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104857
[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of doing that, but theres only a couple people who ever come to my house, they go to my neighbors who hands out king sized candy bars :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 29 2005, 06:25 PM
So we all have such cute Halloween costumes for our furbabies, but I would like to know what you do with your furbabies on Halloween.  My husband and I do not have kids, so basically we dressed Toby up last year and let him run around the house in his hippie outfit.  We also took him to Petsmart last year for a pet costume parade.  I just wish there was more to do. 

I just read on another website that some people dress themselves up and their furbabies and go trick or treating collecting goods for the local animal shelter.  I thought that was such a great idea!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104819
[/QUOTE]

They go around to stores and collect goods or to peoples houses?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 29 2005, 07:25 PM
So we all have such cute Halloween costumes for our furbabies
i havent ever dressed up mine, or me, although i do scare a few people each year
:lol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I plan on taking Ruby Jean (in her costume) on errands on Halloween-so I can show her off....since Halloween in on Monday this year she will probably wear her costume all weekend.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Sep 29 2005, 08:47 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104857
[/QUOTE]

We did that last year. People were all over chester and chelsey.
chester did scare a few off with his barking. Cause they kept ringing the doorbell even though we pup a sign saying not to. What I found hard was holding two puppies and Opening the door and handing out the candy.. I was afraid one of them would run outside. But we did ok.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
why don't you hand signs up in the neighborhood explaining how donations of treats, food and whatenot are needing at the local animal shelter and you would love to get the neighbors involved and how on halloween your family will be "Trick or Treating" collecting these items.

that way they will be prepared to help out and i think you might get more that way because they are prepared. and then they can be in aww over the cute costume.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Chelsey@Sep 30 2005, 07:53 AM
We did that last year.  People were all over chester and chelsey.
chester did scare a few off with his barking.  Cause they kept ringing the doorbell  even though we pup a sign saying not to.  What I found hard was holding two puppies and Opening the door and handing out the candy..  I was afraid one of them would run outside.  But we did ok.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104970
[/QUOTE]
We have a screen door, so we just drop the screen and hand the treats out through the open window part. That way, I don't have to worry about the dogs escaping.

I would love to sit outside with Toby and hand out treats, but it is usually way too cold by then. We would freeze. -_-

Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Sep 30 2005, 08:22 AM
why don't you hand signs up in the neighborhood explaining how donations of treats, food and whatenot are needing at the local animal shelter and you would love to get the neighbors involved and how on halloween  your family will be "Trick or Treating" collecting these items.

that way they will be prepared to help out and i think you might get more that way because they are prepared. and then they can be in aww over the cute costume.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104979
[/QUOTE]
That is a great idea!

·
Registered
148 Posts
My workplace has a small halloween party either the day of halloween or the closest working day to it. I take Diamond in that day in her costume. Last year everyone loved her bumblebee costume. This year....shark costume; I'll have be dress as a fisherman to coordinate with her.
I also know that around my neighbourhood a group of Yorkies and their owners go door to door (in little costumes) trick or treating for donations for shelters.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My workplace has a small halloween party either the day of halloween or the closest working day to it. I take Diamond in that day in her costume. Last year everyone loved her bumblebee costume. This year....shark costume; I'll have be dress as a fisherman to coordinate with her.
I also know that around my neighbourhood a group of Yorkies and their owners go door to door (in little costumes) trick or treating for donations for shelters.
What a great idea! How nice of them! :)

And Lol about you as a fisherman and Diamond as a shark! :wub:

Last year, myself & Coco went to the Petsmart party as Pirates! :chili:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
:HistericalSmiley: I was thinking of doing that, but theres only a couple people who ever come to my house, they go to my neighbors who hands out king sized candy bars :D[/QUOTE]

I bet you'll get more kids with Rosie dressed up in a cute costume. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Last year I made coordinating costumes for me & the girls (bee costumes)...Then I put them in their stroller & walked around the neighborhood giving out candy to all the groups of kids walking around....Everyone loved our costumes....I really need to get started on this years costumes but I have no idea what we're going to be this year.

Hugs, Blanche &

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
cute idea too...do you have a picture to share of that?

Last year I made coordinating costumes for me & the girls (bee costumes)...Then I put them in their stroller & walked around the neighborhood giving out candy to all the groups of kids walking around....Everyone loved our costumes....I really need to get started on this years costumes but I have no idea what we're going to be this year.

Hugs, Blanche &

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.