Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color:red">HAPPY BIRTHDAY DMZ !!!
</span>

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And please share some cake! mmm mmm mmmm

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 15 2004, 11:46 PM
Koreans figure age differently.  My western age is now 30.  My Korean age now is 31 and has been since January 1, 2004.  In Korea, you are one year when you born.  Koreans add a year on January first regardless of when their birthday is, so I'll be 32 in a couple weeks. 
  When I was 3 weeks old, I was 2 years old.  It's wacky.

Oh, and Korean women are pregnant for 10 months, not nine.  Mee, don't explain that right away...it'll be fun to see the guesses on why that is.  :D :D :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23644
[/QUOTE]

Hey girl, what's your nationality? I thought you werent asian, unless you are very cultured
. (This is why you should post your picture!) I know what you're talking about. Except for the adding another yr on January. You lost me there. I only know ppl to have 2 birthdays... your REAL age and then adding a yr to your REAL age. And also, my mom was telling me that my bro's birthday is on Jan. 17...in the LUNAR calendar. It's so confusing...I need to figure this out! Why is it so difficult! LOL

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
And oh yeah! You lost me on that 10 month thing. What is the extra month you're counting? The time it takes for the sperm to enter the egg after you boomboomed with someone?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
YOURE NOT GONNA ANSWER IT! YOU FRIGGIN TEASE. IMMA FIND IT!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok is it this: doctors do not think of pregnancy in months, but rather in weeks. We use weeks because it's a precise measurement -- every week is seven days long, but months can vary (February, with 28 days, is the only true four- week month!). If every month were exactly four weeks long, then pregnancy would indeed last 10 months, but that's not how it works on the calendar.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
dang, I should have really really taken the time to think about it! That seems so correct! LOL Is that right DMZ?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
yeah i hate the korean age , it makes u OLDER !!!

my actual age is 23, but will be turning 25 this coming Jan. 1st

the werid thing is that i will turn 25 this Jan, and then when its actually my REAL b-day in June, i will turn 25 again..

werid...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ha Ha its not only Korean women that are pregnant 10 months. This is how it really is everywhere. Its really 10 months not nine like everyone thinks.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Ania@Dec 16 2004, 08:12 AM
Ha Ha its not only Korean women that are pregnant 10 months. This is how it really is everywhere. Its really 10 months not nine like everyone thinks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23669
[/QUOTE]

Really though..isn't that a crock of doo-doo!!??? A pregnancy term is 40 weeks...divided by the normal 4 weeks in a month=10 months!!! When I figured that out when I was pregnant with my first angel...I was very confused as to where the whole nine month thing started. They should just say 40 weeks!!! Depends on how many 4 and 5 week months you get in there!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Dec 16 2004, 01:10 AM
ok is it this: doctors do not think of pregnancy in months, but rather in weeks. We use weeks because it's a precise measurement -- every week is seven days long, but months can vary (February, with 28 days, is the only true four- week month!). If every month were exactly four weeks long, then pregnancy would indeed last 10 months, but that's not how it works on the calendar.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23648
[/QUOTE]

I should have read the earlier posts before I replied above..LOL...oops
Didn't realize that had already been discussed...he he...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
OH, and happy Birthday to DMZ!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sorry about getting off subject! LOL. Do you have any plans? Are you going to get wasted? :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts