1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 22 2005, 07:48 PM
Happy, having a turkey-shaped pizza since I'm a vegetarian, Turkey Day!!  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122483
[/QUOTE]

I'm a vegetarian, too! I've been one since 1973!! One year I got a Tofurky and it was horrible. Now I just eat everything but the turkey. It sort of grosses me out to even see the turkey, though. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner at my house for the last couple years and I fixed salmon patties!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke+Nov 22 2005, 09:19 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 22 2005, 06:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Msloke
@Nov 22 2005, 07:48 PM
Happy, having a turkey-shaped pizza since I'm a vegetarian, Turkey Day!!   :D

I'm a vegetarian, too! I've been one since 1973!! One year I got a Tofurky and it was horrible. Now I just eat everything but the turkey. It sort of grosses me out to even see the turkey, though. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner at my house for the last couple years and I fixed salmon patties!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122488

[/QUOTE]
Really? Cool! I don't do meat, fish or fowl. I will eat cheese, milk and eggs, if they're in something but to just have eggs, like for breakfast, grosses me out. I think technically that's a ovo-lacto vegetarian if I remember correctly, not a true vegan. Been that was since I was a little kid. Used to drive my parents crazy.
I was the only one, and youngest, of five kids that was like that. They used to try to force me to eat but I won....I guess.

So, Happy Turkeyless Thanksgiving to us! :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122524
[/B][/QUOTE]

I do eat fish but no mammals or birds. Raw eggs gross me out, too, but I will eat scrambled eggs if someone else fixes them. I eat Egg Beaters just about every day. Yes... happy "No Turkey Day"!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

That's interesting about you guys being vegetarians. Do you find that its easier to control your weight that way too? Ever since I have had Miko, I stay away from meat but I can't seem to do it 100% of the time since my hubby forces me to eat chicken occasionally. I just tell him -- would you eat Miko if you could? And my hubby says -- well he does have juicy thighs!! We are only kidding of course

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am not a vegetarian, but I have not eaten any lamb or cow since 1992. I still eat chicken, turkey and fish. Occassionally I'll eat a pork product. My least favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal is the turkey. I usually get a very small piece because I don't want to waste my calories on that! I do like the gravy and the dressing, and the veggie casseroles. I don't think it would take much for me to be vegetarian so long as I could eat fish, shrimp, crab, etc.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

I do eat meat but try to limit myself. I know it's not healthy but it's ummm so good. We do eat a lot of veggies but I seem to run out of ideas.

Maybe we need a recipe exchange on here. Maybe Joe needs to add another topic line. We have one for our furballs maybe we need a people one. There are so many recipes that are based on different parts of the country. What do you all think?????

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
yes, have a happy & safe Thanksgiving everyone and thanks for being a part of SM, you all

as for me i may not be online much tommorow, i'll be situated in front of a plate full of food or recuperating on my couch watching my Dallas Cowboys play
OR if tradition repeats itself I will be on the couch sleeping through the game as the cowboys play
dang turkey does that too me :lol:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

My kids get the biggest kick out of saying "ToFurkey". They've been running around the house yelling it to one another and giggling all afternoon. Why they think it is so funny is beyond me...of course these are the same clever kids that came up with ponolish (nail polish), diaperreah, and put frints (foot prints).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 22 2005, 07:48 PM
Happy, having a turkey-shaped pizza since I'm a vegetarian, Turkey Day!!  :D
[/B][/QUOTE]
Reminds me of the episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Marie fixed a giant Tofurkey. It was a huge, jiggly, horrible.......! Everyone was up at midnight sneaking Ray's store bought Thanksgiving dinner. Well you just had to see it.............

Wait, isn't salmon meat of sorts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!! It's snowing here in New Hampshire......we've been cleaing up all morning. Kiwi had great fun sticking her face in it...she loves playing in fresh fluffy new snow!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Maybe we need a recipe exchange on here.[/B]
it'll be awhile but i'm one step ahead of you, i'm off to dinner, happy thanks giving everyone, i for one will be happily eating alot of turkey :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts