Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. May your hearts be filled with joy and love.

I received the most wonderful present from my husband this morning...my SUV (mommymobile) had to go into the shop for tire rotation and oil change, so my husband took it in for me. He's a die-hard romantic, can't you tell? And he left me his car to take the kids to school. As I pulled out of the drive way, the low fuel light came on. My gift to him, a full tank of gas.

We'll see what he comes home with tonight! Ah, ain't love grand?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
LOL
i'm not getting n e thing...i spent enough on myself lately, so i said no gifts for me...and i never know what to get him, and he said not to get him n e thing and we would go out for dinner some night..but not tonight b/c everyone will be out tonight.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Happy Valentines Day!!

Originally posted by LadyMontava@Feb 14 2005, 12:00 PM
LOL
   i'm not getting n e thing...i spent enough on myself lately, so i said no gifts for me...and i never know what to get him, and he said not to get him n e thing and we would go out for dinner some night..but not tonight b/c everyone will be out tonight.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35258
[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's always insane going out to eat tonight. John and I went out last night instead. We saw Hitch and ate at Olive Garden (my favorite place!). And his gift was a real wedding ring lol.
When we were engaged I had to quit my job because of health reasons and I only had $10 to my name so I borrowed $2 from a friend and bought him a sterling silver band. It was pretty and mine was white gold so I figured it matched. It must not have been real sterling silver because it started to carode and made his finger get all rashy so he took it off and it has been in a box ever since lol. So we found a beautiful yellow and white gold ring and got it 70% off. So it doesn't match mine perfectly but he likes it and now he has one that won't kill his finger, plus it was only $52! Can't beat that!
He said he was bringing me something home tonight and we are going to rent a movie since we went out last night. Oh and Pizza Hut is having this moms day monday where a pizza with one topping is only $6 something, so we are going to do that so I don't have to cook tonight! They don't have to know that I am only mom to a dog. That still counts right? LOL of course it does!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have been putting off getting my BF a gift, because I thought we were just going to give eachother a little something... I was SO WRONG
I found out he bought me jewelry...
so he went over "the limit"...

My aunt is a video editor and has the coolest software on her computer so I went to her house and made him a DVD of a trip we took together and all of the pictures I have from the past couple years... BUT it wasn't supposed to be for V-Day. He is leaving in 3 weeks to go to Florida for 6 months for school, so I was going to give it to him then. Well.... I cracked and gave it to him Saturday night because I didn't think I could keep the secret :new_Eyecrazy: .. I can't believe I couldn't even hold out for TWO days! Anyway, I need to go out and get him a little something else so he has something to open... I'm thinking I will get a little basket and fill it with a few of our favorite movies...

One more part to the story...
He woke me up at 6:00 this morning to "exchange gifts"... and I had to make excuses as to why he couldn't have it... I felt so bad... I was like
it's in the car and not wrapped
Hopefully him coming home to his favorite dinner tonight will make up for it...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ah, yes. "your gifts in the car and I haven't wrapped it yet".....I've used it often.

I loved reading this thread....so many elements of my life are in it. My husband took an unscheduled and unprecedented trip on Sunday to go see a friend. Come to find out the friend and his wife were heading for the Flea Market. Be still my heart! So hubby comes home with an adorable fluffy white stuffed BICHON! Like I don't know the difference. I was not real happy. Sorry but just any cute white dog won't do. Gotta be a Maltese! But since he got me the Maltese plate from Danbury I can't really be mad at him.

I have a chocolate volcano cake planned for him today, if I can get him out of the office/house.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You are all so romantic!! We never really "do" Valentines day, we exchange cards. Joe always pops up at weird times of the year with gifts for no reason, he always says "this is for Valentines Day" even though it might be August when I get it!! He is a sweetie.....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I totally forgot it was Valentine's day.. and apparently DH did too *lol* At least we are both not very romantic!
But I made a little Tuffy Valentine signature.. and he got a special treat for sitting still for me.

Happy V-day everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts