Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,got my baby home. He looks a little strange with this cone around his neck,he was wanting to lick the incision area. Has to wear it 7 days!! But maybe it'll help him quit biting at our feet.
He is as fiesty as ever. Galad to be home I guess

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Glad to hear he's safe and fiesty.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Mar 9 2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the lovely wishes. Has any of your dogs had to wear this cone?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41373
[/QUOTE]

Yeah Sunny had one pretyt recently, there are photos of him in it on another topic, if there is anyway you can take it off and brush the hair around his ears do it, I ended up having to cut out some HUGE mats when Sunny got his off

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You know, my vet didn't put a cone on Pico when he was neutered. He suggested I use a washcloth folded bandana style in a triangle then kinda folded to about 2 inches wide and tied around his neck. It was so bulky he couldn't get his head turned around to bother his stitches. It really worked! It was easy to take off for brushing and replace with a clean cloth. And it was less bothersome than the cone.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Mar 9 2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the lovely wishes. Has any of your dogs had to wear this cone?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41373
[/QUOTE]

No, mine used a BiteNot collar... much more comfortable than the cone. You can get it from your vet... it is wonderful!!! I highly recommend it as a more humane way to keep them from licking their stitches....

Bite Not Web Site

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
My poor Jolie has had to wear the E collar a few times, most recently in January after having some moles/warts removed. She hates it and I tried to give her a break by letting her take it off when she slept in my lap, etc. I spent a long week, holding and petting her so she wouldn't have to wear it all the time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Mar 9 2005, 11:44 PM
My poor Jolie has had to wear the E collar a few times, most recently in January after having some moles/warts removed.  She hates it and I tried to give her a break by letting her take it off when she slept in my lap, etc.  I spent a long week, holding and petting her so she wouldn't have to wear it all the time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41674
[/QUOTE]

Susan, you gotta try the Bite Not.... It is so humane and Catcher didn't even mind wearing it at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts